T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need your help and have seen others on this forum with the same problem.
After having registration issues with my Oki 711wt, Oki sent me another printer because they could not resolve the problems. I am having the same problems with the replacement printer. Oki is telling me that I should not have these issues and coastal supply, where I bought the printer, is telling me this is just how they are. These printers cost way too much money for me to believe that I have to accept the bad registration problems.
So back to my question. Is anyone using these printers daily without issue? If so, what model? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're not interpreting the images correctly. It's the fine line of color that is surrounding the black ink. In some spots it's a fine line, but in the worst of spots it's about 1/32" off registration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks David. I did use ForeverRip with a -2px on the white. I have also used the registration calibration on the printer. It does look the same on the film as it does on the garment, but it's hard to get a good picture of and I thought that posting a picture of the garment would better tell the story of my frustration. Removing black from darker garments limits the creativity of a t-shirt design. I don't want to design around a flawed system. This is my second printer with the same issue of fine colors, mostly magenta, outlining the black. If this is a problem that can't be resolved, I just wish Oki would tell me. They are telling me the opposite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.