T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Would you mind explaining what Rip is? Or where to go to change the settings. I am have same issues white toner not lining up behind graphics and red outlines on black text. I have been trying to resolve this for over a month with okidata and they finally sent me a new printer today and having the same issue. I am tearing my hair out over this. Any advice would be appreciated
Did you send the file you are having problem to Okidata so they can reproduce the issue and figure out why?

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I didnt send actual files just printed samples for example if i put some black text on a transfer some will have red outline some doesnt if i put to graphics some will have white registration off some doesnt
Again send those files describing the issues you are having to OKidata so they can analyze what is happening. Tell them the graphics editor you are using. Let them find out whether it is the file or the printer or firmware or all caused the issue(s). Sending the files will allow them to duplicate the condition rather than sending the hard copy which would be harder to analyze by just looking at it which they cannot duplicate by actually printing the files.

Would you mind explaining what Rip is? Or where to go to change the settings. I am have same issues white toner not lining up behind graphics and red outlines on black text. I have been trying to resolve this for over a month with okidata and they finally sent me a new printer today and having the same issue. I am tearing my hair out over this. Any advice would be appreciated
By the way Rip is rasterizing software better known as TransferRip. It modifies the file to control the amount of white toner, or remove color, or change the image to halftone or in screen mode puts holes on the image. Based on your question "What Rip is?" we can rule out that Rip is not causing the problem since you did not rip the images. Right?

Trial version of TransferRip is available here: http://www.whitetonertransfer.com/portfolio_item/forever-transferrip/

It is pricey and not user friendly so try it before you buy. If you search the forum you will find that it puts white outline on the ripped image. It is also being experienced by the OP.

Here is one thread: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t740570.html?highlight=white+outline

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.