T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need your help and have seen others on this forum with the same problem.
After having registration issues with my Oki 711wt, Oki sent me another printer because they could not resolve the problems. I am having the same problems with the replacement printer. Oki is telling me that I should not have these issues and coastal supply, where I bought the printer, is telling me this is just how they are. These printers cost way too much money for me to believe that I have to accept the bad registration problems.
So back to my question. Is anyone using these printers daily without issue? If so, what model? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,
When I looked at your pictures I could not believe my eyes. A registration problem would be something on the order of a few pixels, this looks like a quarter or half an inch? I can't see how that is possible so I must not be interpreting your pictures correctly! Frankly if it is off that much - why are you showing pictures on a garment? What does the printed sheet just out of the printer look like?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're not interpreting the images correctly. It's the fine line of color that is surrounding the black ink. In some spots it's a fine line, but in the worst of spots it's about 1/32" off registration.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You're not interpreting the images correctly. It's the fine line of color that is surrounding the black ink. In some spots it's a fine line, but in the worst of spots it's about 1/32" off registration.
Ah! Thanks for the details! I see what you are talking about now. This has the potential to be several things with several possible solutions. Again it would help to see the actual printed sheet as well.

I see holes in the design - was this rasterized using the Forever Transfer Rip? If so then you should use the White underprint removal settings of about 3 pixels to pull the white back from the edges.

If it looks worse on a garment than it does on the print then you might be using too much pressure when doing the A/B pressing in which case the B-adhesive is oozing around the edge.

Which transfer media are you using and which rip? This could also be an incorrect media setting combined with too much white! Black is the hardest color for these machines since it is a combination of CMY which really has to be lined up correctly and when you have three layers of toner it is hard to keep it exactly stacked and even when so it still can squeeze out irregularly in the fuser. Again when going on dark garments its best to remove the black where possible.

Lastly as Louis suggested there is an option to adjust registration a bit in the printer settings.

David

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks David. I did use ForeverRip with a -2px on the white. I have also used the registration calibration on the printer. It does look the same on the film as it does on the garment, but it's hard to get a good picture of and I thought that posting a picture of the garment would better tell the story of my frustration. Removing black from darker garments limits the creativity of a t-shirt design. I don't want to design around a flawed system. This is my second printer with the same issue of fine colors, mostly magenta, outlining the black. If this is a problem that can't be resolved, I just wish Oki would tell me. They are telling me the opposite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 711WT printer puts white down only where it believes there is a color. Does this happen on all files, or just this one? Since you have a new printer with the same results, I would be looking at the other two variables. The file itself or how the file is being rasterized using the RIP. Try printing the file directly to the printer using the Oki driver and by pass the RIP altogether. You won't have the same feel since the RIP does change the image for a softer feel. If the white is back in registration, it may be due to how the RIP is modifying the file.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi i think we talked on here a few days ago. I got my second printer today and still having same issues. Its a little better though. I printed a bunch of different graphics, fonts and text in black on one page as a test, But now only some graphics have the white registration off a bit and only some black text have the red outline. I am using the pantograms digital heat fx paper. I have no idea what to do now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would you mind explaining what Rip is? Or where to go to change the settings. I am have same issues white toner not lining up behind graphics and red outlines on black text. I have been trying to resolve this for over a month with okidata and they finally sent me a new printer today and having the same issue. I am tearing my hair out over this. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Would you mind explaining what Rip is? Or where to go to change the settings. I am have same issues white toner not lining up behind graphics and red outlines on black text. I have been trying to resolve this for over a month with okidata and they finally sent me a new printer today and having the same issue. I am tearing my hair out over this. Any advice would be appreciated
Did you send the file you are having problem to Okidata so they can reproduce the issue and figure out why?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I didnt send actual files just printed samples for example if i put some black text on a transfer some will have red outline some doesnt if i put to graphics some will have white registration off some doesnt
Again send those files describing the issues you are having to OKidata so they can analyze what is happening. Tell them the graphics editor you are using. Let them find out whether it is the file or the printer or firmware or all caused the issue(s). Sending the files will allow them to duplicate the condition rather than sending the hard copy which would be harder to analyze by just looking at it which they cannot duplicate by actually printing the files.

By the way Rip is rasterizing software better known as TransferRip. It modifies the file to control the amount of white toner, or remove color, or change the image to halftone or in screen mode puts holes on the image. Based on your question "What Rip is?" we can rule out that Rip is not causing the problem since you did not rip the images. Right?

Trial version of TransferRip is available here: http://www.whitetonertransfer.com/portfolio_item/forever-transferrip/

It is pricey and not user friendly so try it before you buy. If you search the forum you will find that it puts white outline on the ripped image. It is also being experienced by the OP.

Here is one thread: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t740570.html?highlight=white+outline

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.