T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking we are a minority considering the lack of info on it both in the forum and online. Perhaps we could share hints and ideas. A message from gede in June had a lot of good questions that never got answered.

Thhings like times and temperatures and transfer papers, the best wraps...one I got from PSI won't even begin to go around an 11 ouncer. Much of the info here is for mug presses and not applicable to the good old oven method. And if I keep this up I'm seeing a separate mug in my future.

I also bought some inkjet sub mugs by mistake. Too expensive to ship back so I tried laser transfer on it. Looks great. Will see if it passes the 20 times through the dishwasher test.

Anybody want to chat on this backline also just click on Ernie.:)

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ernie,

Are you doing laser dye sub or laser transfers.I do laser dye sub and as far as i know there are no substrates made just for laser sub.Have subbed on most things and they come out great.

Gary
Doing laser with sub toners. There are things out there but mugs are a little harder to find. Since they (I am assuming here ;-) have the same chemicals but in different forms it would seem that the sub toners should bind to the ink jet coverings just as well. Have you tested for wearability and on which types of items? If it wears well I will stock up on the new made in the USA mugs that just came out but are labeled for inkjet sub.

Ernie

· Registered
243 Posts
What laser sub system are you using.As far as i know it doesnt matter inkjet sublimation or laser sublimation you should be able to print on everything.When we first started we put some mugs in the hospital dishwasher where the wife works for 3 weeks it stayed in there for every cycle and it stayed perfect and it was a soft coated mug.We print on everthing metal,fabrics,FRP,ceramics,glass ect.WE get alot of our stuff from Conde.Basically the toner or inkjet is just acting as a carrier for the sublimation ink or toner and once it turns to gas and is transferred i dont think there is any difference in durability.Thing i hate doing with laser sub is cleaning off the excess toner on hard goods.Give me a PM if you want to talk off main forum

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.