T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another person with an on-line t-shirt shop. Actually it's about 6 months old so for nu-bies thinking about doing the same I'd say.......start small, not too many designs....be carefull about stock control and how it's indicated on the website...unless you're printing your own t-shirts you can end up needing to order 10 from the printers to fill 1 order from a customer.....

I'm in a bit of a limbo at the moment........having come up with a design which seems very popular ('fcek - the irish connection') I now find myself in legal dispute with French Connection Ltd (they of the 'fcuk' brand). I've actually registered my brand with the UK Patent Office and it is this that has got FC 'over-excited'. They've opposed my registration on the grounds that people wouldn't be able to tell the brands apart....miserable fcekers......still, if I win (and my lawyer thinks I will) I'll be able to go 'high street' with the brand........which ought to be the aim of everyone.

I'd say with any new person, think about registering a 'brand' if you can, else you'll find all your good ideas being copied by bigger, more established companies.

www.wot4.co.uk

Stay happy!

Andy

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Andy, :welcome:

Nice to see someone taking on overzealous corporations. In your case the 2 designs are definitely different enough to be not mistaken for each other.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good for you, best of luck with the court case and let us know when you win!

Personally I think if folk can't tell the diffference between fcuk and fcek then they can't tell the difference between fcuk and the swear word f*ck so the shirts become offensive and shouldn't have been allowed in the first place!

BTW.....I really like your idea and would sell it in my high street shop......if I had one!

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts