T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I do know someone who makes steady sales - they aren't big ticket items, but steady nonetheless. I'm definitely going to use Etsy to complement other sales channels.

I think you can get more money for your product (if it fits in with the Etsy's vision). Ebay de-values your product IMHO. Ebayers like to buy stuff for next to nothing. (plus a discount :) And it seems to be going down, down down. We have a few businesses and we are turning to other avenues. You can't just give away stuff for nothing!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing for me. My Etsy shop has been up for two month, with a combined total products views of about 120. No ratings, no feedback, nothing. From a search engine standpoint, it never hurts to have searchable product listings out there. However, I'd rather spend the money on Google Adwords.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think it is harder to make money on Etsy now than it used to be. The site has kinda gotten worse over time. The market place is too crowded and it's not really a fun place to shop any more because there's so much junk on there. We are actually looking into doing some sites like Etsy that are juried. We have sold on Etsy but lately we've been leaning towards thinking it is not worth the trouble. We sell far more on our own site and our own site is much easier to work with. Etsy also have some of the most difficult to deal with customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts