T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
laylaazure said:
Does the customer really care if American Apparel t-shirts are used as opposed to another company? Of course quality is very important, however, if you can get the same quality of shirt from a different company for much less expensive, what is the benefit of using American Apparel shirts over another company?
I think it doesn't matter. I'm sure if you can get the same quality, the customer wouldn't care either. And those who does care probably is in the very small minority.

· Registered
50 Posts
In my opinion, I think American Apparel products are great, however you also need to factor in other things as well. You might want to check your local t-shirt distributor to see what they carry in similar styles to AA. The freight savings can be immense, especially if you are ordering in smaller quantities. Most of the time you'll have to have AA shipped direct from their factory in California. If you live in the Midwest or east coast this can mean 3-5 days transit + higher UPS charges.

I guess it really depends on your situation. I think the types of styles AA offers are very popular sellers, but I'm not convinced that you absolutely need to buy the AA brand in order to have good sales. I know Bella, DistrictThreads, and about 20 other companies sell things very similar to AA.

Just my 2cents!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.