T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this, i have a travel tshirt business and am struggling in the marketing and promotions area. i am debating if i should just take the plunge and do a trade show even though it's expensive, or if i should try another route of getiing myself out there. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess either way. as of right now i am doing consignment in a few stores, but i'd like to either find a way to get into more stores so that it pays off, or direct more customers to my website.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
well i guess either way. as of right now i am doing consignment in a few stores, but i'd like to either find a way to get into more stores so that it pays off, or direct more customers to my website.
Have you actually tried selling wholesale to stores (not consignment)? You should read the other thread in this section (Offline Retail) there are a tons of threads about how to do this.

Generally trade shows are only good if you're really prepared for them. If we're talking major trade shows like Magic, etc. you'd better look into spending at minimum $5-10k and you're not necessarily going to get enough orders to cover that cost so you have to be prepared for that.

Also be wary of spending money on getting your brand "out there" and having people "aware" of it. Awareness does not always equal sales. So stick to marketing methods that have a high chance of ending in actual sales, your money will be better spent.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My .02!

You can either hire a showroom to represent your line or you can do it yourself! If you do it yourself, I would start in your immediate area and branch out from there. Once you have 10 -20 stores buying from you then I would move on to doing a regional trade show. Ask a few of the buyers you sell to what shows they like to go to regionally and find out which one is the best. Do that show. Open more stores. Once you feel you got good coverage in your area you can start to think about doing national trade shows.

John

·
Registered
108 Posts
Honestly......If you have the big dough, then "YES" ....But remember, there are "BIG" companies rolling out "BIG" money at these shows. The competition is "HUGE"....This is in "NO WAY" trying to be negative at all....Just trying to let you know:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts