T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 different graphic artists working on my logo for over 2 months and I am still waiting on my logo. Is this normal..?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Re: Fast Logo work..?

way too long... there are lots of logo designers and i'm sure they can give you something much quicker...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

2 months seems a bit long and why do you have 3 different graphic artists working on it? Are they all from the same company?

Unless you've made a lot of changes in your logo concept that seems like an excessive amount of time to take to design a logo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I had the first guy create a logo and got it back to me, and it looked like it was created in paint. I could have done that. So I asked him if he would redo it. Then I didn't hear back so I had another guy start it. He sends me bits and pieces but takes forever. Then I asked a 3rd guy to do it, and he just keeps putting me off. Not sure where to go from this point. Thanks for all the love!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

I have 3 different graphic artists working on my logo for over 2 months and I am still waiting on my logo. Is this normal..?
All of the above comments are good, that is an excessive amount of time.

However, it might help to also look into *why* it's taking that long.

How well are you doing at communicating what you are looking for in your logo? How well are you communicating what you want and don't want? How specific are you getting in requesting revisions to the logo design?

While the designers may have dropped the ball, I've also learned that it's often a 2 way street. There needs to be good communication from the client AND the designer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
way too long....
there are places that would get something to you in 3 days.... at least a draft and go from there...but two months??... insane

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey, Ghost - Way too long. It sounds like the first guy dumped you - the second guy is not very interested - and the third guy doesn't want to do it.

Time to start over with someone new.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You can get logo software off the Internet and create your own logo within just a few minutes.

As regards your logo designers, sometimes it's best just to do things yourself.

To put things in perspective, I can create an entire detailed 11x17 tee design in about seven hours. I think your designers are probably in a coma. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is way too long. I do logos and most of the time the first version is completed in under 24 hours. I've never had one take longer than 1 week even with multiple revisions.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can get logo software off the Internet and create your own logo within just a few minutes.
That's definitely an option if you want your company identity to look like it was thrown together in just a few minutes using the "design on a stick" method.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not if you have the creative skills to use it properly. If you have no creative skills, then you're in the wrong industry.

On a seperate point, I couldn't even tell you what the logo of any of my suppliers even looks like. I am only interested in the products that they sell.

·
Registered
115 Posts
wow. as a designer, i'd have to say that's an unusual turnaround time for a logo design. i usually finish mine within a week. a week and a half tops. and that's including all the back and forth between myself and the client discussing changes and whatnot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow...that's way too long. I do logos within a week or two depending on how quickly the customer responds with revisions/approval. I've been doing logos for over 17 years and I've never taken that long to complete a logo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts