1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
You need to list all the factors:
- What quantities are you ordering?
- Who is paying for the garment?
- What garment is it going on?
- Does it need to print white ink or not? (You mentioned the image in the top left, but did not state what color shirt)
- How many different sizes (and quantities of each size) does it go on?
- How fast do you want the printed shirts?

All of these factors goes into pricing. Then the decorator has to take all their own factors (cost of equipment, ink, how long it will take, labor cost, electric, rent / mortgage, what other jobs they have,...) into account before a price is given. I am not saying every company does all of this, but they should.

Hope this provides you some insight as to what goes on when creating a price.

Mark

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
White and dark blue.
Since you posted this in the DTG forum I'd assume that's the printing method your being quoted.....that said, $10 is high for the white and a little low for the blue, the guy is probably averaging your cost per shirt.....but I'm just gussin'

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Krome,

One more question... why are you going with dtg printing? Are there specific reasons you have for this? Just curious and want to make sure that you have explored all the options.

The other question I missed was how big does the design have to be (i.e. size on the largest size t-shirt)? If you want the design to be on 5 sizes of shirt (S, M, L, XL, XXL), you might require a larger format dtg printer than one that prints 16" wide. This could also increase the cost.

Mark

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Def to high for white if wholesale sub- For Darks so so--

Don't see how Kornit so amazing when it doesn't have best print quality output print heads...
Ask guy above me for quote : )

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are only being printed on one size, Medium.

I didnt set out to go with DTG that was all that was offered to me.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Then the other options you could consider is direct screen printing and plastisol transfers. I would suggest you do some research on how these two applications differ from dtg printing to see what your target market would prefer and what would put more money in your pocket.

Mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok just checked out the plastisol transfers and I dont like the way they come out. Doing research on screen printing now.

Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
The ? is why was you thinking $4 a shirt ? Sound like you been lurking on the threads here and have heard of what it may cost in ink and made your own price up. What size is the image again and what quantity agian?

Send me the file at print size.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You in the UK? take that in to account, pounds not $. Europe limits textile imports and there is usually a 20% import tax . Most machines (inks) are Japanese,Israeli, American made that have 0% import taxes, or almost, with the US but 16% to 20% with Europe. You are looking for 150 pieces ( 75 per design) 2 sides, one large print and one medium in full color on darks and lights for less than 6 pounds a shirt (that's before the 17.5% VAT or after?)? Silkscreen in bigger quantities if you are looking to sell those at 15 pounds or less and make money. In screens alone you are dropping almost a pound per shirt .30 pence per color per shirt,etc... 4$ seems awfully cheap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the advice. I have now found one in the UK for $7.50 per shirt so I will be going with them and reassessing my strategy for the next load that I do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts