T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Expert24LX and I am wondering if I can make some t-shirts for private use without a heat press.

I could order some online but I like to fiddle with it myself. No commercial intentions.

My supplier sells only the Politape series flock material.

Is it possible? And if so, how to do it and which Politape product to order for a regular cotton tee?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You need to find a new supplier. I've never heard of politape before. What country are you in? You can get vinyl from stahls, imprintable warehouse (I think), ryonet, and several other places.

To answer your question about using an iron.. not a good idea. You might get the vinyl to stick a little, but if you want decent results where the image isn't going to peel off or come off in the washer you should get a heat press.

·
Registered
677 Posts
As you can tell from my number of responses, I'm no expert at this stuff. But I know a few things. Like you, I'm private. So if you can spare the $320, just get the 15 x 15 heat press. I agonized over which one to buy and bought one from Heat Press Nation and now I think I spent too much time agonizing. I think you'll find that you'll do more and more things with transfers and vinyl once you get the heat press. You'll be like the one person you know who's a notary public. People are always glad to know that you have the capabilities that you do, only your capabilities will be requested more frequently when people know you have a heat press.

My nickel's worth (gotta charge that what with inflation and all).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.