T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Ironall for dark from New Milford Photo is the same as Imagejet for dark from Pro World? They both have the same backing paper.

I'm asking this because I bought some Imagejet fro Pro World and wasn't too happy with it. Granted, I may be doing something wrong. While the transfer itself doesn't crack when stretched, the ink does. I'm using a Canon Pixma Pro9000 printer. Is the ink in this printer not suitable?

Anyway, I decided to do some more searching on this forum and heard a lot of good things about Ironall for darks. I ordered a sample and when I open the package, it seems to be the same as the Imagejet.

I had high hopes for this because I have a shirt that I want to do that uses a photograph and I'm not sure if screen printing will have enough detail.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Yes, it is the same paper. If you have an opportunity, you might want to try using an Epson printer. Cracking is not the caused by this paper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello,
Question for Ed. I noticed in the past proworld carried this paper and then it was discontinued. You are now offering it for sale again, does this mean all the kinks have been sorted out? I have purchased this paper from most of the other vendors in the past and they all had issues. I really like it, its nice and stretchy but for some reason the colours just never held up after washing.
Anyway I am going to purchase some from proworld just to give it one more try.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
We have always carried the ClearSoft. It might have been out of stock somewhere along the way. We have had great results and it has become our biggest seller.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to clarify I noticed you mentioned Clearsoft, did you mean Imagejet dark (IronAll Dark) because thats what I was referring to. I just want to be sure before I purchase as I have not had good luck with this paper from other vendors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would switch to an Epson if your just doing standard Iron-ons. I got my paper for darks from Best Blanks and I haven't had any trouble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting you should mention ImageJet. I purchased some Image-Jet Dark II from The Paper Ranch. It has a blue grid on the back. Had a problem with the black dye in 50/50 blend sublimating into the paper at the instructed 350° for 20 seconds with medium pressure. I called them and the person on the other end said to reduce the heat to 320° for 30 seconds. Too bad it didn't give time for 100% cotton and 50/50 blends. Would have saved a shirt. Can't give a customer a shirt with a grey background.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts