T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is Iron-All a bit tricky to work with?

I found that the surface kind of chips off a little in the printer and it is very easily scratched in handling on the way to the press--and I was pretty gentle with it.

Is it really that fragile? Are there some special handling tricks? I ruined three out of the five sheets in my sample pack. I'm thinking this stuff isn't for me.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I tried the kitchen sink from Milford. First the two different styles of paper had no markings to tell which was which, the only one marked was a blue line on the back that I will guess was for darks. I don't like having to guess and have not heard too many good things about that paper. I personally didn't like the product and lack of info from Milford. My choice is the Alpha Green Line, heres a link for you if you want to try this paper.

http://www.sublimationcartridge.com...e_Code=AlphaSupply&Category_Code=JetWearPaper

Terry

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I use Iron all for lights and right now I would not use any thing else. You guys may not be getting the point of the iron all VS the other hot peel. The iron all is sensitive for sure. But it also stretches the others do not. You can iron on it.. don't do that with a hot peel. The feel is softer than anything, and I mean anything I have ever use. Yes you have to be careful about what side to print on. That is an issue I brought up also. saying all that I am getting samples from another company that says there paper sounds like everything Iron All is and does, except it is marked. When I get the paper and try it you can be sure I will report my finding here. I would not recommend anything to you guys unless I felt it is the best product to use. Oh and another thing. I showed a client a shirt I did with a regular hot peel and they would not give me an order because of the feel of it. I told them that I was getting some new paper (Iron all) that I was going to to test. I did, I showed them my shirt and got a 100 piece order because they thought the design was actually part of the fabric. Lou

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If Milford were to make the paper easier to work with, I would use it. I'm just not the type to have to check each sheet prior to loading my printer. I hope they mark the paper soon as I did like the hand after I pressed with it.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Milford does not manufacture it. They only sell it. I know. I hate it also. also loading on a sheet at a time is annoying.. But with the results I get I deal with it. I hope this company send me sample next week. They said it would be the 26th as it was being coated last week. Lou

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I think we have reached an evolution change in the industry as for as transfer papers go. The Iron All Type of paper I think will be coming from several companies. They just need to perfect it and make it easier for us to use. Also we need better opaque transfers that are a heck of a lot softer. That is why I am looking into the plastisol. The problem there is I have to have someone else do my printing. Does any one believe they use the softest opaque transfer in the industry. If you do let us know. A lot of the vendors out there are second hand distributors meaning they don't manufacture the paper but just sell it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
tshirtpaper.com has dark paper that is really soft. I have tried a few opaque papers, and they blow away the compitition.

I dont think that the iron all is going to change the industry. The photo trans image clip paper is what will do that eventually when it is perfected.

Furthermore, in ten years everyone will be using the direct to garment printers which will have been perfected.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here's a link to thread on MiraCool paper which I suspect is the same as the IronAll. You can read my post there. I do extensive testing and posting at another board Y .. group "heat_transfers_for_desktop_printers"

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3815&highlight=miracool

For virtually no hassle reliable transfers...I have had excellent results with TransJetII paper and Magic Mix and/or Durabrite inks. It's called "MagicJet" paper if you buy from personalizedsupplies.com. The hand is a bit stiffer, but no one has complained so far including my other half who would let me know by not wearing any of the test shirts;)

I do not see a lot posted about washability here. I'm up to almost 20 washes on White Hanes and Gildan using MiraCool, TJII, MM and Durabrite inks. No babying the wash, regular detergent, not inside out, warm/cool. Drying on high heat. No cracking, slight fade on "some" shirts...similar to anything I would buy at the store.

I normally baby my wash...short cycles, cool water, cool water soaps, inside out or handwash.

Susan

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm getting ready to test a bunch of new papers and would like to consider t-shirtpaper.com.

But before, I do....have you done any kind of wash tests?

What kind of shirts are you pressing to? Colors such as black, red?

If darks, then is the color opaque or does it blend into the shirt? Cracking?
Peeling? If yes, after how many washes? You say the hand is soft....this is the first I've read about a transfer for dark that is soft so I'm interested.

Have you tried the One Step Opaque from Transfer Technology?
http://transfertechnology.com/inkjetpaper.html#single
Apparently it has held up to around 20 or so washes.

Thanks in advance.

Susan

jdr8271 said:
tshirtpaper.com has dark paper that is really soft. I have tried a few opaque papers, and they blow away the compitition.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
thirtpaper.com is probably not the best as far as wasability. It is the best as far as softness. I can tell you though, that I have sold alot of shirts with it, and have not had any complaints about the quality.

I did not try http://transfertechnology.com.

I press the paper onto black 100% cotton tees. The paper does not blend into the background...it is white as is all dark transfer paper.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Yes Plastisol are screened transfers. Ink screened on paper (Plastisol ink) heat transfers to garment (Melting) when pressed leaving just the ink design. great for lettering when you do not want to cut and cut and cut. But you need to have screen printing company do them for you. The more you get the cheaper they are.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I also wouldn't trust just any screen printer to do plastisol transfers - if they're not cured just right they won't transfer properly.

If I was in that position, ideally I'd want samples of their transfers to press myself to test.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I am testing First Edition right now. did some yesterday and more today.. They sent a bunch of samples. So far I am very please with results. need to do a wash test today. If your interested in result of my testing you can PM me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts