T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI There~

I saw a post said that JetFlex Premium = IRON ALL for dark in http://www.imprintables.com

However the description hasn't mention that can use in Laser Printer.

Iron all for dark is compatible for inkjet and laser printer?

Thx for help!!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
It can be used for either system. Call or email New Milford Photo. NMP is the vendor that tried it with laser printer. I was skeptical to the claim so I tried it and it does work with laser printer. Make sure you use the highest media weight setting. I used Ultra heavy and feed the paper in the multi pass tray of Okidata C5200Ne printer.

Here is the photo to prove it:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Luis ~!!

Glad to see ur post!!

Due to I live in Hong Kong and the shipping fee quit expensive. I want to order imageclip and ironall for dark at once. Do u know any supplier has both?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
If you are going for JetFlex dark then Imprintables warehouse is your best bet. IW sells the lowest price of Imageclip. I just bought 500 sheets. of 8.5 X 11 and 100 sheets of 11X 17. The price was $125.00 and $50.00 respectively. The shipping cost was very cheap considering the weight of the package.

I am an Imageclip advocate as you can see based on my order.

Here is the link in IW website:
Vinyl Cutters, heat presses, heat transfer material, transfer papers and heat printing supplies all at affordable prices.

Before you order a lot of Ironall dark make sure you test wash it first. Both of the shirt in that photo have the opaque worn out and the colors are coming off. I am not trying to discourage you from using it. I thought before you spend a lot of money on it that is best that you try it first. You can buy 5 pieces from NewMilford Photo under their sample package program. That is how I got the transfers in the photo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an experience user, would u suggest me invest laser transfer for dark garment? As u know if doing dark garment transfer, need a cutter with optical eye like GX-24. I saw many users in here do not satisfy OPAQUE and feel like rain coat.

Should I do light laser transfer by myself using ImageClip and find Silk Screen Printed Transfer (plastisol) supplier for dark garment?

BTW, I tried some China OPAQUE transfer really feels like rain coat…

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Imageclip have some limitation. It does not work well with light pastel and gradient color designs. There is another member in HongKong that gave up using Imageclip due to that issue. I tried to help him out but was not successful making Imageclip work on those colors. If your designs are not terribly light color and you are doing spot colors then you will do well with it. There is a member that claims success using those colors though. I am a bit confused his explanation on how to make it work.

Using screen printed plastisol for dark would be a better way to go but it is not cost effective for one offs or small order.

I heard the manufacturer of Ironall dark is working on a new version which would have better color retention and vinyl cutter friendly. No word yet when it will be available.

I am currently evaluating two type of vinyl opaques. I heard good reports about them but I still want to get first hand experience.

Imprintables sells Solution vinyl ecosolvent ink compatible opaque that stretches without cracking the color or the material. I have seen and touched it during a trade show. It looks and felt nice. It stretches way beyond Ironall dark. Not sure about washability. It costs about $17.00 a yard X 24 in. wide. That will yield 3 pcs. of 8" x 12" for about $1.88 each which is the same price as Ironall dark. Only draw back is you need a vinyl cutter if you want effective and closer trim plus ecosolvent ink printer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts