T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else had any problems kiss-cutting layered twill with the Ioline 301 software? It will cut the foreground layer fine, but background layer is barely touched. I typically have to resend the bkg layer, and that doesn't quite line up. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kyrin-

I own a Ioline 300 and we do a lot of applique cutting with it.

I'd call Ioline direct. I've worked with Russ at Ioline and he has walked me through several little issues.

I had a similar problem when importing Adobe Illustrator files. One trick that worked for me was to reduce each layer to just an outline (no fill color) and make the outline less than 1 point. Then I make sure to "Compund Path" for each layer is before I export it to .dxf. Last, I seemed to have better results by using the older Illustrator 10, though it has worked in our current version CS3 sometimes.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Has any one else had any problems kiss-cutting layered twill with the Ioline 301 software? It will cut the foreground layer fine, but background layer is barely touched. I typically have to resend the bkg layer, and that doesn't quite line up. Any suggestions?
How are you adjusting your force? In the software or on the unit?

If adjusting the force in the software, make sure the unit's force knob is completely turned to the right. If using the knob, make sure it is set to 750 (the max) in the software.

Also, how far is your blade out of the blade holder? Is it a new blade?

When cutting kiss cut, you do not want to touch your origin button at all once you have cut your first layer. Simply press start/stop to bring the machine back online again and it will cut in the same area. That goes for re-cutting an area as well. If you hit origin you will not be able to line it up properly again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The blade is fairly new, and the proper one for twill. my Ioline control centers max force for the blade is 700. also, I'm exporting .plt files from CorelDraw x4, that are imported into the 301 software, if that helps any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.