T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a Skate clothing company to let my son make some designs (14yrs old) with suppliers and help from the local skate shop, his friends at the skate park bought shirts but how do I approach retailers and what is standard pricing for retail markets or should I try to start out on a consignment basis with a retailer I know. I don't have any of the vernacular for this aspect of the business. The shop owner who helped my start, wants us to broaden the product base to do a "launch" and the other skate shops are stoked about carrying a line designed and marketed by a 14 year old skater and want his pitch, this is a learning experience for both of us. I just don't know how the numbers game works in retail, and I gotta sell more of the first run before we can expand the base any more. Any suggestion?

· Registered
301 Posts
since some of the shops are stoked to carry this type of clothing, why dont you get your designs together and present them as they will be printed and if these shops say they like em and will carry em, then its not so much of a risk OR maybe they'll give you say 50% of the cost of a wholesale for a certain amount of shirts and you can use that towards printing.

As far as cost/pricing, i'm sure you son knows all the other cool skater brands. you can check em out to get an idea and/or ask them "if i would like to carry your products in my store what would i be looking at in terms of cost?"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.