T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

My name is Will. This is the first time I've ever been involved in a forum. I love all the information I found so far start ups, road blocks and how to get over them. Right about now I'm going to just explain a dream I've had now for the past 2-1/2 years and it may be a little cliche but I really believe it's going to happen and that is my t shirt line I got my little shop set up in a backroom at my house, I did "ALOT" of research, looked up pricing and quality of shirts, marketing of demographics, advertising, copyright, and LLC. Just a firm believer of "luck favors the prepared" and I'm aware I can't cover everything but I DO want to cast a big enough net. Thanks for all the information and I'm excited to be apart of this form.

I have a question about a copyright though I looked up the records on the U.S, copyright site and I found a person that has the same name that I wanted to use for graphics and logos. Is there anyway I can get around this and still keep the name, even if I just have to add a little something different at the end ie: name is XYZ but if I add XYZ ltd. will that still create a conflict because to be honest this is the only area I got stuck on and for the most part don't want to get sued. This person doesn't have a website,store, nor a phone number I can reach them at to see if I can by the rights or what not.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it really depends upon what class the trademark is in? Are you applying for the same class, either US or IC?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all thanks for the response, and just to make sure we are on the same page about U.S or IC you mean United States or International? If that was the question it was just for the U.S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts