T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello! I'm a hobbyist screenprinter; I took a class at Chicago's Lill Street a few year ago, which is where I learned the basics. Then I received a Yudu machine for Christmas and am looking for tips on working with other emulsions on it because I don't like the capillary films (or their prices). I just want to do some small jobs for my own business and personal fun projects.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Welcome to the club!
You might look into getting a scoop coater and a jug of liquid emulsion. The great thing about the hobby you've chosen is that there will never come a time when you will get bored for lack of growth opportunity. LOL. Also it will pay if you ask people for their money. This is true. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! I just bought a quart of Ulano QTX at the reco of someone at Chicago Silk Screen. I scoop coated my screen the other night (which took about 10 seconds to get a great thin even layer as opposed to that $*&% cap film). Getting great feedback in the equipment subform on where I might be going wrong now!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Years ago in a small shop we would take a closet and put childrens blocks on the floor at the four corners to hold the freshly coated screens off the ground. More blocks on the corners and could make a pile of coated screens about twelve high. After they dry we would put them in the box they came in to keep them unexposed. The screens last about 5 days. The emulsion lasts, depending on the type about a month after mixing. If you put the emulsion in the fridge about 3 months, of course depending on the type. :):):) Happy Days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts