T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. Husband here who just bought a Cricut Maker for my wife's birthday. It should be arriving in a few days. It's just as much for me as it is for her, and I can't wait to start doing what I want to do, which is...
A long time ago, in a galaxy a few towns over, I worked as a graphics artist for a little shop that did embroidery and garment printing (direct to garment printing on a big inkjet printer, which I'd love to have, but don't have the $20k it'd take). I'd make/redo/remake company logos, mostly, and then either send them to print or further digitize them to stitch files to be embroidered. I loved the job (not the employer, but that's a whole other story). So, anyway, now I'm really looking forward to being able to make my own tshirts again, and that's where my question comes in.
When transferring vinyl to shirts, would it be wise to wash the shirt first, so as to allow it to shrink, before transferring? We didn't have to worry about that when I was printing on shirts because, well, it was ink. Shrinking didn't affect the printout. But with vinyl, I'm concerned with bunching/creasing/whateveryouwanttocallit, when the shirt will probably shrink in the wash.
I'm aware of washing inside-out, gentle cycle, etc.; I'd want my shirts to last as long as possible. I just don't know about pre-washing before applying the design.
I have so many nerdy things I want to create.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts