T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living outside of the US but selling there, I'm curious to hear what others do in that situation, I see alot of info on local advertising, flyers, events and so on which I can't really use, yes, I know some people will pay the extra cost of duties but when you're just starting out and are not producing your own shirts that doesn't work very well. ;)

I have a fairly new cafepress shop, am on a few directories (top-sites) also google (rated) and froogle. I guess I'm doing okay for a new shop but am looking for other ways of promoting my shop/designs without spending alot of money. What about t-shirt design contests on websites?...

Thanks I appreciate any suggestions you'd care to make. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would Suggest to you that you look at "links" with other web sites selling similair but different products (that way there is no compition). I have found that we generate a lot of "qualified" traffic to our web sites by linking with other sites.
I live outside the US as well but I would say 85% of our business comes from the US.

Also look at sites that will "Broker" your products for you like www.gifts2buy.biz
hope this helps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm planning to do a link exchange with similar stores but would like to do that directly from my store rather than my website. I have free space a specialized horror engine, so wouldn't work there. I'll have to wait to see if cafepress is willing to put a link field in their stores to allow for that. As for brokers would that only work if I stocked the shirts myself? Planning to do that eventually but at the moment I'm using fullfillment services.

·
Registered
7 Posts
DMonkey said:
I'll have to wait to see if cafepress is willing to put a link field in their stores to allow for that.
If you know some HTML, and you're willing to experiment a little, and you have a Premium store, such things can be done with the tools CafePress already has. The link goes to a tutorial.

Here is another very useful set of tutorials for those shops (and it's done inside of a shop...).

Good luck. Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts