T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a few t-shirts from a couple of my spreadshirt stores and after the payment was processed, I saw this line on my credit card statement:

Code:
International Transaction Fee from 8/8 -0.96
Has anybody seen this type of line item after purchasing from a SpreadShirt.COM store?

They really need to get a US Merchant acccount and/or warn US users that they may get charged extra fees by their bank since their payment processor is not US based.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have heard of fees like that being charged for non-us orders. Spreadshirts international stores are not setup to fulfill orders that are being shipped to the US. Thats why they have the spreadshirt.com set up that services the US. They have told me that their plan is to incorporate all the spreadshirt services into one so that a shop owner can sell globally from one shop and a customer will enter their shipping address in at the end, whether it be in the US or Germany, or Europe, etc. Until then you have to go to two different shops, one for US, one for everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was a purchase made from a spreadshirt.COM store shipped to the US.

There shouldn't be any charges like that for a US based site shipping to the US.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would definetely take that up with Spreadshirt and perhaps deny the charge on your credit card. If you ordered it from their US site then the item should have shipped from Kentucky...but perhaps they shipped it from Germany. Either way they shouldnt have charged you the fee. I've never heard of them making that mistake.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It sounds more like the fault of a bank or credit card company than any of Spreadshirt's responsibility. They have no control over transaction fees.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds more like the fault of a bank or credit card company than any of Spreadshirt's responsibility.
It would be their responsibility if they use an international bank account or merchant account with a different currency. It would be up to them to warn customers that because of this international status that extra charges could occur.

I planned to take it up with SpreadShirt directly, I just wanted to see if anybody else that ordered from their own spreadshirt store had noticed a similar fee on their banking or credit card statement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts