T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have public liability insurance for there home printing business? I'm getting quotes for my small home screen printing business for just public liability insurance and all the quotes I'm getting are like $800+. Seems a bit steep to me seeing as I can't see t-shirts being very high risk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why do you need PUBLIC liability insurance for your home?

Are you using your home as a shop front?

Are you doing public tours of your manufacturing area?

Can't you just get an 'enter at your own risk' sign for $5 instead...

I'm genuinely interested as I will embark down a similar path soon and would like to know if I have overlooked something..?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have public and products liability but is part of a wider policy covering our temporary tattoo business. The annual premium was just over $1,000 pa as I remember. It is with AAMI who are also friendly and responsive in my experience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you need PUBLIC liability insurance for your home?

Are you using your home as a shop front?

Are you doing public tours of your manufacturing area?

Can't you just get an 'enter at your own risk' sign for $5 instead...

I'm genuinely interested as I will embark down a similar path soon and would like to know if I have overlooked something..?
I thought that I need public liability insurance as I want to wholesale my t-shirts to retailers. But I'm not quite sure what the go is.

I am the only one who enters the workshop at home so I don't really need any insurance for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts