T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody i'm gonna try printing on polo shirts and i really need to know the steps from preatretment, printing and curing, i hope you can help me guys..! =D

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I print on the back of polos I feed the shirt platen into the shirt so that I have a flat surface to print on. If you are going to do a small "pocket" chest print on the front, use a flat object to raise your print area above the buttons and collar...then lower the platen a bit to compensate. If you don't already have one, Anajet has a pocket print adapter that makes this extremely easy for you. I bought mine for $45 (I think) and I have easily used it 100+ times. When curing, I place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt which keeps from pressing an impression of the buttons and collar into the back of the shirt. I pretreat these exactly the same way as I do t-shirts. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Dawn,
There are teflon pillows that you can place on the inside of garments(while curing) that prevent the placket from denting the opposite side of the garment.

Jhony, Building the platen so that the print plane is above the hight of the placket alows you to have the print head as close to the print surface for accurate printing.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts