T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am relatively new to plastisol transfers, although I have many years of experience with screenprinting. I have made the adjustment with my 15x15 tflat press with only a few snags (folding the shirt in half with a back print already applied to print 2 pocket prints at the same time was a fun learning moment), my hat press, however is a little more vexing.

The press is not a name brand, the element is un-coated die cast aluminum and the temperature control is confusing. I know it might be a wash but it raises some interesting questions.
Are temperature variations normal across the curved surface of the element, if so how much of a variation?
are temperature settings different with a hat press vs. a flat press for plastisol?
What are the settings you use successfully with plastisol?

Anyone have information? I would appreciate the help.

Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed,

Thanks for the settings. I am still wondering, how could a curved heating element maintain an even temperature across the whole surface, is some variation natural and if so, in what range?

Alan

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
There can be a small variation, maybe 5 degrees, or so. However, such it is such a small surface it should not affect the application.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is the press I have, it did not come with a manual or instruction. the price was right, it is a weekend project until I can get satisfactory results, anyone have any suggestions or documentation?

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Sorry, I am not familiar with this press. Can you contact the supplier?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts