T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i have a epson sx130 and im using inktec sub ink i got from ebay.
everything is fine except the red is kind of pinky (i can live with that) but the blue is way off, and its printing purple.

ive tried messing with the rgb settings in the epson print setting page but its still printing purple, i cant seem to find a profile for this printer, so im not sure how im gonna solve this??

any ideas anyone?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
hi everyone

i have a epson sx130 and im using inktec sub ink i got from ebay.
everything is fine except the red is kind of pinky (i can live with that) but the blue is way off, and its printing purple.

ive tried messing with the rgb settings in the epson print setting page but its still printing purple, i cant seem to find a profile for this printer, so im not sure how im gonna solve this??

any ideas anyone?

thanks in advance
You need to have a sublimation ICC made for you. Can't skip that step and expect accurate color. If you read thru the threads here other users have posted sources for the ICC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, i dont find anything for this printer, or creating profiles when searching

i have messed with the colour correction in the printers drivers and ive managed to get light blues to print as they should..but regular/dark blues wont print other than purple??

i dont understand it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a CIS but still need LOTS of tweaking to make navy blue, bright red, etc... For dark blue, you MUST adjust towards green, in order for the blue to come out... Don't use RGB in adjustment, REMEMBER it's CMYK!!! The Magenta should be in the 50's or so for blue not to show up as purple.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I use a CIS but still need LOTS of tweaking to make navy blue, bright red, etc... For dark blue, you MUST adjust towards green, in order for the blue to come out... Don't use RGB in adjustment, REMEMBER it's CMYK!!! The Magenta should be in the 50's or so for blue not to show up as purple.
You need a profile. Even when you do have the correct ICC profile installed you need to be mindful of the fact that ANY time you have your magenta and cyan within 20% of each other you will have purple.

Check the actual colors in your designs.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
You need a profile. Even when you do have the correct ICC profile installed you need to be mindful of the fact that ANY time you have your magenta and cyan within 20% of each other you will have purple.

Check the actual colors in your designs.
Dead on. This is where it helps to have a wide gamut calibrated monitor. Often if someone has a good profile and the transfer presses correct, it can still look "off" if an uncalibrated monitor is used. The transfer is good but the user thinks it is bad because their reference was the image in the display.

·
Registered
614 Posts
From the point of view of the computer, there are 4 (or maybe 6) different coloured liquids in your printer, but without an ICC profile it doesn't know how to mix them together to produce the colours that you are wanting.
The InkTec inks can produce very good printed images - it is not a problem with your ink, but you do need to get a custom ICC profile made ... trying google and/or Ebay search for "custom sublimation ICC profile"

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
From the point of view of the computer, there are 4 (or maybe 6) different coloured liquids in your printer, but without an ICC profile it doesn't know how to mix them together to produce the colours that you are wanting.
The InkTec inks can produce very good printed images - it is not a problem with your ink, but you do need to get a custom ICC profile made ... trying google and/or Ebay search for "custom sublimation ICC profile"
Agree, must use a ICC profile when sublimating. Best case is to have both a calibrated monitor and a profiled ink. Profiled ink is a must.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.