T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I am having problems pringting my design onto the paper on my vinyl cutter, im not sure whether its a setting i need to change on my design or actually on the cutter.

I designed the slogan in Inkscape, saved as a vector and opened it in Signblazer and then sent to the vinyl cutter which is a Creation CA630. My Mac is actually talking to the cutter so i dont think its anything to do with a Driver, but the cutter just shoots the paper out of the back, if i pick it up and push it back through i get half of the slogan.

Its like the cutter thinks im using a big piece of paper/vinyl and drags it back to start printing at the front but because its a piece of A4 its just landing on the floor.

Do you think its something to do with the size i have set somewhere, and should i be sizing the slogan excatly as i want it in Inkscape, Signblazer or somehow somewhere on the cutter?

Ive printed off various help guides for the cutter but cant seem to get one to match my cutter, the guide i have has extra buttons so i can only follow it so far!

Its the first time i have used a cutter and this software so any help would be very welcome!! :)

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Everytime i put signblazer on the above thread, i meant signcut! All this confusion is getting to me now!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
1) try using the design software that comes with your cutter (do not use third party software for now). make a shape or type a simple text and then cut. if that works then workstation, cutter and setup is good.

next, 2) if you really want to use third party design software, check what file extension or type of file your cutter is compatible with. sometimes it's not enough to just convert your artwork to vector and then load. experiment with vector versions (like my case, i do my design in illustrator and load EPS 3 works all the time for me. other versions fail to cut)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Frank! The guy i bought it from told me to use Inkscape and Signcut with this cutter, i got a disc with the cutter to install drivers etc but its only for use with Windows. I received an email from the supplier with the links to what i had to download.

I downloaded this link for signcut :http://www.signcutpro.com/download.php?key=daef68a70f75024511b39f387131e559
and this driver http://www.signcutpro.com/download.php?key=daef68a70f75024511b39f387131e559

I downloaded Inkscape from the website.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
check the settings for the cutter...maybe there is a setting for the size of the vinyl or the sheet that is bigger or smaller than the actual sheet you are using....also , always push the reset button to "zero " out the cutter head ..this brings the cutter to the "zero" position

Inked

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have a look through the settings later, i dont think i have a reset button to change to zero, unless i can find something in the menu, the guy i bought it from told me the 2 red button things that are on the inside of the cutter at both ends are the reset button but if you press that then the cutter wont work for 12 hours!!! Surely thats not right?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally know what ive been doing wrong! When i was feeding the paper into the cutter instead of lifting the pinchers up and then putting them down when the paper was inplace, i was using the arrow buttons on the cutter to get the paper where i wanted it, i guess thats why it kept shooting the paper out of the back. Im so relieved i might be able to start making some t shirt designs now.

I do have another question, though, the menu bar said the following after it printed my F:

Kingcut 0.00
CA630 16.5 - what does the 16.5 mean?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
left and right arrow moves the plotter head.
up and down arrow moves the media back and forward
you nees to do only one thing befor you send the job from computer to plotter
when you are happy with the origin point just press the middle button and make sure just shows kingcut 00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts