T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys buy your plastisol inks? i'm just starting out and not really interested in the water-based speedball inks, but i would like to be able to order a decent plastisol online. anyone familiar with the inks sold at silkscreeningsupplies.com? i've seen a couple posts that mention wilflex, but i can't seem to order that directly over the internet. my tshirts dont have any intricate designs--mostly text in different fonts.

i guess while you're at it, can anyone recommend a good screen mesh? i was looking to order with some white 123 or 156 monofilament.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
(you may know all this, so feel safe to ignore me! :) )

Be wary. I'm a long-time screenprinter, and a huge screenprinting fan, but be careful: moving into "proper" screen printing when also considering something like something like Speedball is a *very* big step. It's*very* messy, foul smelling, chemical-ridden, highly expensive set up, and a steep leaning curve.

It's not just a matter of buying plastisol inks. Speedball waterbased printing is a thousand miles, and many thousands of dollars, away from plastisol printing.

Once you're read up, and still want to have a go, good luck! It's great! But this is not an easy undertaking, or just a matter of switching paints.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts