T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am one of the new guys and enjoy screen printing on shirts as a hobby only. I am noticing that my ink is clogging my screens and is not coming out evenly on the shirt. I am using a 125 mesh, white plastisol ink and white screen( if that helps)on a dark shirt. I notice though that with this screen I am getting clogs with red ink on white shirts too! any help? I have tried reducing but to no avail.
Hope one of you pros can save me a headache.
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I assume you are printing plastisol? After checking the above, you might want to check your screen tension...red plastisol should have no problem going through a 125 mono.

cotton

·
Registered
23 Posts
You might want to check the manufacturer's reco on adding reducer to the ink. Are you washing your screens or is ink left on them.

If you leave ink on for awhile, be sure to flood the print with the plastisols, although I would not recommend that ink be left on for a long time.

Regarding the red ink....I think that the screen is already clogged, I'd get a can of screen opener and dissolve the dried in ink.

I would suggest that you print specific ink through a screen..For printing white, and it kinda depends on the brand...you may want to go down to a 110 mono.

Am not quite sure why red ink which is usually thinner is drying in your screen, as I said before it might have been already clogged by the white ink.

Try the screen opener...and make sure you got good tension on the screen. Good tension and the snap back is what releases the ink from the screen.

cotton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts