T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Peeps

does anyone know if there is a pigment cartridge that I can buy for a HP laser printer 2500. I currentley use my jobs printer to print my transfers (works out cheaper for me) but they fade so fast in the wash, could i replace the cartridge with something better that can hold up in the wash

Thanks

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
You print on a laser printer and an HP to boot. I would recommend going to an Epson c88 or R1800 or 1280. But, there is always a but, I would use the C88 as it uses pigment ink.. You design will take many washing before they fad. Although the 1280 and 1800 (wide Format) use dye ink it is not thermal(Heat) and the fade and water resistant properties are much better than any HP. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badalou said:
You print on a laser printer and an HP to boot. I would recommend going to an Epson c88 or R1800 or 1280. But, there is always a but, I would use the C88 as it uses pigment ink.. You design will take many washing before they fad. Although the 1280 and 1800 (wide Format) use dye ink it is not thermal(Heat) and the fade and water resistant properties are much better than any HP. Hope that helps.
Thanks Lou,
can u recommend a website where I can buy the c88, does it come with all the inks or I have to buy the pigment ink, what size paper does it hold?
I this the only printer that does pigment inks?

thanks debbie

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If one were to buy their own laser color printer what would the cost be. As I see he is using his works printer. If that works for him ok.. but if he was to buy his own printer than I would recommend a pigment based ink for transfers. I had an HP and switched to epson.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdr8271 said:
With a laser printer, you don't need pigmented inks. Laser printed transfers do not bleed when washed. Dont buy a new inkjet printer. Use what you already have.
ok now i'm confused, isn't inkjet better than laser for heat transfers???
is there a different paper you can recommend for the laser printer I use a brand called techni, the wash isn't that great.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
JDR says laser is okay, but I have never used laser printer for transfers. He will have to tell you more about that. I have used HP (Even when I was a rep for Epson) and when I desided to do this business I made transfers on HP but I found that in washing I was getting fadeing. My HP stopped working so I switched over to Epson (CX7800 All in one, pigment ink 4 color. ) which I bought at Best Buy. 8.5 x 11 paper. I am not getting the fadeing on my hot peel now I hope that helps. I guess the question we should ask everyone here is who is using a laser printer for tranfers. Lou

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
badalou said:
JDR says laser is okay, but I have never used laser printer for transfers. He will have to tell you more about that. I have used HP (Even when I was a rep for Epson) and when I desided to do this business I made transfers on HP but I found that in washing I was getting fadeing. My HP stopped working so I switched over to Epson (CX7800 All in one, pigment ink 4 color. ) which I bought at Best Buy. 8.5 x 11 paper. I am not getting the fadeing on my hot peel now I hope that helps. I guess the question we should ask everyone here is who is using a laser printer for tranfers. Lou

Thanks Lou,

what brand of hot peel do u use

Debbie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts