T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, A few months ago I purchased one of inkjetflys CIS Pigment systems for my epson 1400 to do heat transfers, which ended up not working for me due to no profiles and the pigment inks changing under the heat press. I contacted leo at the time for a bit of help, but he didnt have very many solutions at the time so I tossed my CIS in the trash and went on with my claria inks to do transfers.

3 months later I recieve a call from Leo. Leo tells me that it has been brought to his attention that many people have been expierencing color changing issues and inaccurate colors with his Pigment inks and heat transfer paper. He told me over the phone on saturday that he has a found a solution to keeping his pigment inks from changing colors under heat and will be selling heat transfer inks with his Pigment CIS system. I thought it was great that he contacted me, even 3 months after i was expierencing problems, Leos customer service excellent. He offerd to send me a free sample of his new inks so I can test them out for him. But of course I didnt have his CIS anymore, But leo has asked me to send him a sheet of my transfer paper (which is JPSS) so he can create custom ICC profiles for the paper with the heat transfer inks.

All in all, to the people with Epson 1400s in need of heat transfer inks and use JPSS. Be on the lookout for inkjetflys heat transfer pigment ink CIS system for the Epson 1400, and custom ICC profiles for JPSS transfer paper. I think this combination of inks and paper w/ accurate ICC profiles will create great prints for JPSS and epson 1400 users looking to go pigment!

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hey Ivan!! Thanks for the post, I was just re-reading that inkjetfly thread a little while ago (due to the pm we got).

I just picked up a 1400. Are you still happy with your Claria Compatable refill carts? (just checking in since more time has passed.)

Good to see you. :)

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Just heard from Ross of inkjetcarts.us. He is carrying CIS similar to inkjetfly for a lot less price. Even though he can't match free shipping his price is still cheaper. He said he has a new brand of refillables also. Ross' heat transfer pigment ink for CMYK does not shift. Not sure about 6 color inks shift and color matching issues. It may not be posted in the web yet. Need to call to order.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ivan!! Thanks for the post, I was just re-reading that inkjetfly thread a little while ago (due to the pm we got).

I just picked up a 1400. Are you still happy with your Claria Compatable refill carts? (just checking in since more time has passed.)

Good to see you. :)

Hey kelly, Yep im still lovin' the claria ink, But since leo has contacted me. Im going to be testing some of his inks with the new profiles that hes creating so Im going to be playing with his inks for a bit right now. Maybe things will be better. And congrats on your epson 1400. its a great printer hehe.

and btw, its good to see everyone too. I got hurt at work so im at home for now. so I got a bit more time to visit the forums.

anyway I should be posting results shortly with the new profiles created by inkjetfly to help others out in their decisions for CIS pigment for their 1400s.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hello all, A few months ago I purchased one of inkjetflys CIS Pigment systems for my epson 1400 to do heat transfers, which ended up not working for me due to no profiles and the pigment inks changing under the heat press. I contacted leo at the time for a bit of help, but he didnt have very many solutions at the time so I tossed my CIS in the trash and went on with my claria inks to do transfers.

3 months later I recieve a call from Leo. Leo tells me that it has been brought to his attention that many people have been expierencing color changing issues and inaccurate colors with his Pigment inks and heat transfer paper. He told me over the phone on saturday that he has a found a solution to keeping his pigment inks from changing colors under heat and will be selling heat transfer inks with his Pigment CIS system. I thought it was great that he contacted me, even 3 months after i was expierencing problems, Leos customer service excellent. He offerd to send me a free sample of his new inks so I can test them out for him. But of course I didnt have his CIS anymore, But leo has asked me to send him a sheet of my transfer paper (which is JPSS) so he can create custom ICC profiles for the paper with the heat transfer inks.

All in all, to the people with Epson 1400s in need of heat transfer inks and use JPSS. Be on the lookout for inkjetflys heat transfer pigment ink CIS system for the Epson 1400, and custom ICC profiles for JPSS transfer paper. I think this combination of inks and paper w/ accurate ICC profiles will create great prints for JPSS and epson 1400 users looking to go pigment!
Please tell me your not dissatisfied with the claria compatable inks(as long as its the truth Don't need to be consoled if you had problems)Why did you decide to change? I have the claria compatable refillable cartridges and ink from inkjetcarts. Isn't that what you used ? Mine are still in the box since I haven't gotten things going worth a crap yet. I am still on the original cartridges from epson but will need to start with the black soon and the cyan and yellow soon after that.
Have I made a mistake? Will I have problems if I switch to something different? :confused:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just opened up my new Epson 1400 and printed up a test on JPSS with the original Claria inks and everything worked perfectly. I ran hot water on it and found no bleeding, then I soaked it and still no problem. Its washing right now!

I'm planning to order the refills that Ivan mentioned from shopdyesub.com and will probably stick with the Claria compatible ink.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hey kelly, Yep im still lovin' the claria ink, But since leo has contacted me. Im going to be testing some of his inks with the new profiles that hes creating so Im going to be playing with his inks for a bit right now. Maybe things will be better. And congrats on your epson 1400. its a great printer hehe.
Thanks, Ivan, good to hear, and thank you, I hope it's all that bc I am excited to print to direct to dvd/cd, and my own x-large photographs.

Good luck with the testing, and thank's for taking the time.... which brings me to this........

ivancuriel said:
and btw, its good to see everyone too. I got hurt at work so im at home for now. so I got a bit more time to visit the forums.
Nooooooooooooooooo. Oh man, sorry to hear, Ivan. I hope you feel better soon, but we will keep you entertained while you heal. :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

ivancuriel said:
anyway I should be posting results shortly with the new profiles created by inkjetfly to help others out in their decisions for CIS pigment for their 1400s.
Thank you, Ivan, that's awfully nice of you since you don't even need the system yourself. I always said you are a good guy! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please tell me your not dissatisfied with the claria compatable inks(as long as its the truth Don't need to be consoled if you had problems)Why did you decide to change? I have the claria compatable refillable cartridges and ink from inkjetcarts. Isn't that what you used ? Mine are still in the box since I haven't gotten things going worth a crap yet. I am still on the original cartridges from epson but will need to start with the black soon and the cyan and yellow soon after that.
Have I made a mistake? Will I have problems if I switch to something different? :confused:
I am completly satisfied with my claria compatible inks, I have no complaints at all. However i bought mine from www.shopdyesub.com not from inkjetcarts so I cant say they are the same. But if they are the same for some reason, everything has worked fine for me. The only real problem I have is when i dont print for like a week, I have to do a head cleaning to get the inks flowing, but thats it. no major issues.

Just follow the instructions inkjetcarts gave you (if they did) and you should be fine. however claria dye ink isnt for everyone, its mainly usefull for those with JPSS transfer papers and some other select few but I cant remember all of the transfer papers claria works with. I know JPSS works for sure though

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts

Hi Ivan.. :)

Are these actual HT pigment inks or regular pigment inks? Thanks, Kel :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Ivan.. :)

Are these actual HT pigment inks or regular pigment inks? Thanks, Kel :)
Hey kelly. I had misunderstood what Leo was telling me over the phone. He has made adjustments to his pigment inks so that they do not shift colors. Im not sure how pigment HT inks are made but leo was telling me that he has made corrections to the black ink which is what was causing color shifting when I 1st bought his system months ago. I have some samples of his pigment and dye inks and im going to be running some tests for him to see how well things ago.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I did my first order with my Epson 1400 with the factory Claria inks and JPSS. I thought all went pretty well even though I did have a lot of paper feed issues and I had a hard time getting my pink to not be purple. In all I printed 40 shirts front and back with black and pink text and a pink ribbon graphic.

I thought all went well, but this morning I got a call that one of the shirts had bleeding around the black text. I haven't been able to see the shirt and I'm not sure if this is the only one with the problem or not, but one is too many in my mind. The shirt has been washed and the bleeding didn't come out. The setting I used for these shirts was Best Photo & Photo Paper Glossy. I believe I got those settings suggested by Ivan, but they are the only thing I can think of that is different from my original wash test. I was trying to improve the pink color to keep it from being so purple when I changed the settings. Looks like I'm stuck with this printer because its been a few days over a month since I purchased it and Buydigg.com won't take it back now. Thank god I got a good rebate on it so I'm only out $188. Guess it will probably be a fine photo printer for me, but I'm back in the market for a pigment based printer that will do wide format if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi MasterK, would you think about converting this printer to a pigment printer (on of my q's in the pm)? I know some people have gone over to pigment with this printer, I think I remember them being very happy.

Would the paper feed problems get in the way, tho? Are you going to give up using it completely bc of that and the color profile issues? I think it is R1Lover who has switched to a pigment ink system that does not give him color profile issues. (?)

In past posts, we've seen people say that they've had bleeding issues with Claria. It seems to happen when there is too much ink on the paper. When they reduced the amount of ink printing on the paper by moving from best/photo setting to normal/text mode, the bleeding stopped, for Most people. David/motoskin graphix still has unresolved bleeding issues with JPSS when using Claria or HP inks. (??)

Claria is still very new in this process. Claria may turn out to be like Durabrite Pimgnet ink. Not a perfect fit for everyone.

Durabrite ink (which is pigment ink) is recommended in so many posts - but - some people get "color shifting" when pressing with it. I do not get color shifting with Durabrite, but Melissa/Angelic Endeavors did. I use Durabrite, but in Melissa's words: "Durabrite - You're fired!"... she'll never touch the stuff again, and yet it is pigment ink. So that seems to be the way it is sometimes with this inkjet heat transfer process.. things mostly work, and sometimes don't, and we can't always figure out why or why not.

In this case, one might guess there is bleeding might be the increase of ink. The wash test shirts were printed with less ink, and the shirt with bleeding was possibly printed on a higher setting. It might not be, but we have read about this in other posts, so it's a possibility.

I'm just sorry to hear of it, MasterK, and I thank you so much for writing. I do have my 1400 here in the box, and have to make a decision on this, since I just do Not have any problems with the Durabrite (unlike the many that get color shifting with Durabrite) and I just might not venture here. :)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
If you really must have something different, try getting a ciss or refillable cartridges and get a pigment or HT designed ink for the 1400 you have now. I really don't understand the problems your having. I never had bleeding of colors or paper jams. Good luck.:rolleyes:
Bou my typing must be slow Maybe chang Kelly to FAST Kelly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I might give some different ink a try if I can work out the paper feed issues. I'm going to harass Epson and see if I can get that resolved before I move forward, but I'm definitely not willing to risk bleed problems again. So, if the Epson stays around, it will be full of pigment ink. I'm a little worried about color shifting from what I've read, but I can live with that compared to bleeding. Adjusting the settings down for less ink doesn't really seem like a good option since I didn't think the black was really as dark as I would like anyway.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think if the durabrite works, print with it.... Or is that shoe fits, wear it. Oh well, I'm confused. ...LOL .... JB

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Good luck to you, MasterK. As far as color shifting, that seems to be mostly with Durabrite ink. Peeps seem to switch to a 3rd party ink to get away from that problem, so hopefully you'll be okay, too.

If you plan to still use the 1400 for a photo printer as well, someone said the black 3rd party HT (heat transfer) pigment ink they use doesn't translate well onto actual photo paper. Just thought I'd mention it before you go there, in case you wanted to do both transfers and photos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i printed my first t shirts with an epson 1400 claria ink i havent had any wash tests using alpha gold for darks there is so much contradicting advice its pretty much see for yourself

1 - 20 of 67 Posts