T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can help as I wish to extend the type of service I offer my customers, currently using a cutter plotter and heat set nylon only. This is limiting as quite often my customers require a picture on their t-shirts. I purchased a Epson photo stylus R2400 after receiving the wrong information and it is just sitting there. I was looking to soiurce pigment inks in Australia and the self weeding transfer paper, as I only produce one to two t-shirts per customer, I need a more immediate and a simple system that is cost effective. I also several years ago purchased a 4 arm silk screen system which as I found out is too labour intensive for small jobs, so I have endeavoured to try a few different types of processes. I was recently told to buy an Epson T50 printer which the supplier said would solve my problems but he didn't go into sourcing the inks I require which I feel will leave me with another dud printer with no helpful use. Most of the information on the t-shirt forum is relevent to the USA and even though informative does not address the needs of those of us Down UNDER. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi

I am not sure if I understand you correctly or not (my brain is not quite up to speed this evening). Are you saying that at the moment you cut and press heat transfer vinyl onto t-shirts but you now have customers wishing to have photos printed onto shirts and you are thinking about sublimation printing? I have an Epson T50 that has been converted to run a CISS sytem for sublimation ink and it works great. The biggest issue I have is the lack of choice for polyester shirts. There are only a couple of companies produce poly t-shirts and there is even less choice in singlets.

Anyway, if I have understood you correctly regarding the sublimation printer then send me a PM and I will forward you the contact details of the man I bought my printer through. He is based in Rockingham and I found him to be helpful. I am currently thinking of purchasing a CISS inkjet set up from him to save replacing all those pesky inkjet cartridges.

Kim
Perth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts