T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a customer bring in 12 cotton shirts to be inkjet pressed front and back. there's a name on the back but I messed up one letter in the spelling ( duh)

Is there any way to turn a "Y" into a "A" or any kind of fix for this? I read there is no way to get the heat pressed inkjet JPSS out understandably.

I really wouldnt care if they were stock shirts but they are customer supplied... our policy is that were not responsible but it was still my mistake..

Any advice?

Also a big thank you to this board Ive learned so much as a newbie :) I will give back what I can

Cheers

Melinda
True Love Design

·
Administrator
14,483 Posts
Yeah, good luck trying to convince the customer that you are not going to replace their shirts because of policy.

There is no way to remove a transfer once it's been pressed. Buy new shirts, re-do the job, and file this one away into lessons learned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know the policy is just a piece of paper - I don't know why I accept personal orders at all:) , this hasn't happend to me yet.

But yes I will just replace the shirts and call it a day.

Thanks
Melinda

·
Registered
582 Posts
We have a similar policy with customer supplied garments. But, if it is our mistake, we replace the garment - wrong colour etc.

We have very few spelling errors, as we get the customer to sign off on the art prior to cutting any vinyl or sending out to screen printer. Any spelling issues after that are the customers problem.

In your case, I would buy new shirts and re do, bill the customer for the original job ( I would only give them the shirts for free, not the decoration they wanted), collect the money- chalk it up to experience and move on.

This will also see if you are charging enough for your services, my prices allow me to cover a situation like this.
If I do have a situation like this and I have to replace the t-shirts - I don't make any money on that job, but more importantly I will break even or only lose a small amount.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will order new shirts and make maybe 20.00 bucks still.
Includes my cost shirts and ink, loose out on my time (an hour or so)

Triple check spelling, as a lesson. It was spelt right by the customer.. I'll usually double check but been feeling overwhelmed come the spring here. Lesson learned!

Thank you all.

Have a wonderful weekend

Melinda @ TrueLoveDesign
Fort McMurray, Alberta Canada

1 - 5 of 5 Posts