T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an inkjet paper using the regular inks that you can use on mugs? I noticed there is a paper in the UK that does this just regular inks and mugpress. I can't seem to find any in Canada or USA:rolleyes:

· Registered
8,073 Posts
There are some papers that make that claim. I have not used them but I think if you call a couple of out vendors, they might be able to help..or do a search here. I think I recall some posts regarding inkjet..or maybe it was laser...paper for mugs

· Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Does anyone know of an inkjet paper using the regular inks that you can use on mugs? I noticed there is a paper in the UK that does this just regular inks and mugpress. I can't seem to find any in Canada or USA:rolleyes:

Do you have a link to that product? I just heard something about this. One of my first questions was does it need to be sealed? I'd like to read more about it, so I can keep an eye out for feedback from any users. I don't see how it could be on par with dye sub, but I would like to watch out for reviews. Thanks.

· Registered
1,099 Posts

· Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Haha, Rhonda, okay, first that mug seems much more like dye sub than the water decal for inkjet... second, did you hit the "home" page button on that site...??? lol... I was like, "what?"... on the home page, tho, they had an interesting solution for sap on a car, it's 2 pics to the right of the "Water Squirrel" that I want! :D That site was a funny find first thing in the morning! :)

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Haha, Rhonda, okay, first that mug seems much more like dye sub than the water decal for inkjet... second, did you hit the "home" page button on that site...??? lol... I was like, "what?"... on the home page, tho, they had an interesting solution for sap on a car, it's 2 pics to the right of the "Water Squirrel" that I want! :D That site was a funny find first thing in the morning! :)
Bizarre. I didn't really look around that website until just now. What a random group of products they offer.

· Registered
70 Posts
I dont see how this will look very professional as they claim. For one you have to cut the decal. If you dont cut very smooth you will probably see somewhat of a cut line around the image. Second, I dont see how this will be very dishwasher safe even after 'spraying' an overcoat. Also, what a mess that would make if you arent too good at getting an even coat and what about overspray into the cup itself. I am thinking health risk here. I am willing to bet if you put this mug process next to a sub mug the sub mug would kill the decal mug hands down. I will stick to subbing mugs since the quality of my product reflects on my company.

· Registered
316 Posts
Wonder how these things hold up. Sublimation is pretty much permanent but how about these? Interesting...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.