T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello i just have a question which is much better to use to print positives an inkjet or a laser printer? basically ill just be using it for printing positives for burning on a screen and nothing else. can someone please give me an advice? also if i dont have a rip will i be able to create halftone with photoshop and then print it with either a laser or an inkjet printer? tnx alot.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand well. I have sold laser machines before. so I know some of them. A laser machine can not mark a colorful image. only make it be a grid shape. inkjet can print colorful image.

i mean printers like canon , epson, hp, etc.. im gonna be using it to just print postives for burning screens to used for silkscreen printing.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have both a lazer and an inkjet. The lazer is for simplier jobs. Vellum shrinks when it goes through the machine, therefore the registration gets off or the films my not even fit together. That's how it was with my GCC printer. I just got the FilmMaker 4 by Zante. I liked my GCC better. They are basically the same printer but their drivers are different so it takes some getting used to.

I use the Epson Stylus 1400 inkjet printer for halftone jobs as well as Index jobs and others. The positives are a lot more dense on the inkjet so the screens burn better. The Epson machine itself is very affordable. The ink for the machine is what will kill you. That is another reason I just use it for higher quality jobs and not just the one and two spot color jobs.

ok tnx alot sir. ill just buy an inkjet and a lazer then. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.