T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks...I am so glad to have joined this forum. Spent a good part of yesterday just reading and there's so much great info shared. Thanks already! I am a photographer with 2 photography themes I'm working with to create a line of T shirts, mouse pads, totes and aprons. I started with DTG shirts and loved the 'no feel' but had some frustration with inaccurate colors (esp. purples), inconsistency b/n printers, some loss of detail, and then the final clincher was the cheapest shirt I could find of decent quality was $8 which out ruled wholesaling. I currently have a website.... Animal Garden Shop Designs
that refers people to Zazzle but had planned all along to start selling myself (and will soon have an ecommeerce site...once I figure out production!). After DTG experience I decided to try making heat transfers. I'm finally getting the hang of making white shirts w/ Jet Pro SS and I really like them but the dark shirts have a been a pain. Of course I'm still very much a newbie. I'm using Jet Opaque II and really am not crazy about the feel not to mention how easy it is to mess up...so after browsing this sight I'm wondering if plastisol might be the way to go. I'm concerned about all the colors in the veggie line of photos and the expense of having plastisol transfers made. I had sample screen printing done on one image and wasn't crazy about the reproduction and even with one of the sepia toned animal images I chose, there were going to be 8 colors used for best results. I can't afford to have big runs done of 10-14 images using lots and lots of colors...so plastisol transfers sound intriguing if they're not going to be too costly. Any thoughts on this? So far the heat transfers have given the best results as far as detail and color rendition....which is something very important to me. Almost equally as important is the feel. I'm wondering about the difference in feel between inkjet transfers and plastisol. Since I am using photographs they're big blocks of ink/color, although the veggie images shot on a white studio background could be weeded so background is color of shirt. Whew! Hope this isn't too wordy. Thanks ahead of time for any input...:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts