T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have made about 50 tshirts (with errors) using simple inkjet transfer paper and now want to be able to remove all the designs off the tshirts

ive looked at other threads and some say to put piece of paper over the design and iron it for a few minutes....this did nothing apart from give me very ironed tshirt and paper, am i doing it wrong?
many thanks for any help
Andy

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hi, i have made about 50 tshirts (with errors) using simple inkjet transfer paper and now want to be able to remove all the designs off the tshirts

ive looked at other threads and some say to put piece of paper over the design and iron it for a few minutes....this did nothing apart from give me very ironed tshirt and paper, am i doing it wrong?
many thanks for any help
Andy
:welcome:I'm afraid that you can't remove the print, I could be wrong though, most inks either bond or are absorbed into the cotton fibers of the shirt thus making it permanent.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You will not be able to remove Inkjet transfers. The Opaque Inkjet transfers you may be able to remove, but I have not ever tried to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry. I agree. You're hosed. I've tried to remove some Opaque Inkjet transfer without much success. I've certainly screwed up my fair share shirts. We learn from our mistakes but still costs us money....

·
Registered
869 Posts
What your doing "wrong" is trying to do it at all. Ain't gonna happen for you. The fibers of the shirt (if cotton) expanded under the heat/pressure process and allowed the ink of the transfer to penetrate into them. Sorry (the manufacturer hopes they won't come off)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts