T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking at a inkjet printer for doing my transperencies at home. Does anyone have any advice to whether or not this will work? I havent found a good deal on a Laser printer, and a HP PSC 1510 just came up for 60bux brand new in box, and thats a good deal. Question is, Will inkjet be fine enough for my prints onto Transperencies? thanks!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I don't know what this Rip software that Sac speaks of is supposed to do; I've never heard of anyone else using such.

As far as printers go, you'll want to get an Epson if you're printing transfers yourself. This is because some Epson printers (not all) use pigmented inks instead of dye-based inks -- that means the prints won't bleed the first time the shirt is washed. The transfer will still probably look okay if printed from an HP (or whatever), but it adds another notch of professionalism if the shirts don't bleed like that. If you go this route, make sure you get a printer that does indeed use pigmented inks, such as the OEM Epson Durabrite inks. I think you can get a new one, not on sale, for around $100; I'm not sure of the model names offhand since I don't deal with prnter that much.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Twinge said:
I don't know what this Rip software that Sac speaks of is supposed to do; I've never heard of anyone else using such.
I think they are talking about printing transparency films for screen printing, not heat press transfers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use a hp psc 1610 for transparencies for screen printing and it works fine for me. I used a lexmark before that and it worked fine too but I only have done a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts