T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone have any knowledge with printing a design with an inkjet printer on opaque vinyl for dark shirts. Then putting that vinyl in a "very inexpensive" cutter under $1000 that can contour cut the image?.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
This can be tricky. I've successfully printed on my Encad, laminted, then put it on my $600 24" plotter with no electric eye and then cut.

Each plotter is different and you basically have to find the starting point of the knife and figure out how much it offsets when it begins cutting. On the print itself, you can make a dot with the measurements of where to start the cut line. Then in your cutter software, place the cut line only without the dot. Set your knife position and cut. It's not 100%, but it is pretty close and with a little extra space around an image of white or printed area, it works great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
Yes there is a cutter for under $1000 and is called the craft robo pro which has an optical eye for registration marks and will cut transfers, vinyl, cardboard, etc. You can find out more info at CraftROBOstore.com. There are a few sign companies selling it but mostly scrappers are using it and that's how I found out about it. You do have to use a backing sheet with it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts