T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. We have a Epson printer to print off on Forever transfer paper for darks. It bleeds when wet. In addition to the bleed when wet, when I wash a tee on dark transfer paper it doesn't bleed but the tee looks crappy. The transfer is crinkled up and the image looks awful. What am I doing wrong??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Please help. We have a Epson printer to print off on Forever transfer paper for darks. It bleeds when wet. In addition to the bleed when wet, when I wash a tee on dark transfer paper it doesn't bleed but the tee looks crappy. The transfer is crinkled up and the image looks awful. What am I doing wrong??
Be sure the printer uses "pigmented" ink which will not run when laundered, assuming you're not using a detergent with a "bleach substitute". Also, when laundering, wash only inside out in cold water & don't let it lay in the washer for an extended period after washing. For drying, hang it to dry or use low heat setting on the dryer. This is why I rarely use dark paper, even for my own shirts. The laundering issues. Just too much trouble!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts