T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall.

ive been messing around with this epson 1400 I bought for films and its been pretty complicated yet straight forward in figuring out how to use it for films which is all I will use it for. (btw, you can use the stock ink to make nice dark positives, it works!)

once the films print out, the image is pretty well dry which impressed me, except for the cyan. It seems to want to not dry at all. after a couple of hours sitting on the film, it was the only color that would smear. Anyone else run into this?

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are probably right, though they are nice to be that black. I dont know how to tone them down any though, I dont use a rip and the only settings ive got are for what kind of paper its printing on (I tell it to just use plain paper) and what the quality is (I chose best)

· Registered
5,155 Posts
When you ask for black from a Windows driver you are probably getting a 'rich' black, composed of all four colours. It needs a lot more ink because the other inks aren't as uv dense as pure black. You can still cut back the ink, most drivers allow you to reduce density. Nice blacks are a bit 'vanity' printing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.