T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy printer for t shirt printing using heat press .. i need help .. i am new in this market and i want to start my startup with printing industry

what i am look for is -- 1. ink cost should be low for that printer
2. No of prints per page should be more what i mean is the cost per page should be low
3. printer should be capable of working continuous with high performance with good quality for production level work for launch a new brand in the market

looking for printer cost below $500
prefered brand is espon

what can i get with this requirement??????

do reply as much as possible ... thanks in advance

· Registered
859 Posts
I need to buy printer for t shirt printing using heat press .. i need help .. i am new in this market and i want to start my startup with printing industry

what i am look for is -- 1. ink cost should be low for that printer
2. No of prints per page should be more what i mean is the cost per page should be low
3. printer should be capable of working continuous with high performance with good quality for production level work for launch a new brand in the market

looking for printer cost below $500
prefered brand is espon

what can i get with this requirement??????

do reply as much as possible ... thanks in advance
$500 is not enough money for one printer that can run at a production level. You need to be realistic, you either by cheap printers and use a lot of them as well as learn color management. Understanding that you will have issues which come from using consumer grade equipment. OR you spend the money to buy commercial equipment that is designed to do exactly what you want.
I know you want to spend the least you can..but you have to spend money to make it.

· Registered
745 Posts
You need to have a White toner printer and a sublimation ink jet printer to print onto dark cotton shirts using the Neenah Image Clip paper for darks and also IC for lights.
The cost for a letter size print is around $1,200.00 for the Oki laser letter size with white toner and the onk jet sublimation ink jet printer.
AL
1-908-213-2830
[email protected]

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$500 is not enough money for one printer that can run at a production level. You need to be realistic, you either by cheap printers and use a lot of them as well as learn color management. Understanding that you will have issues which come from using consumer grade equipment. OR you spend the money to buy commercial equipment that is designed to do exactly what you want.
I know you want to spend the least you can..but you have to spend money to make it.

Thanks for the reply.. ok.. let me tell you current status of my work

i am just a beginner and gathering information for what i need to buy .. so it may be not production level but of good lasting quality and can work continuously for 2 hr or more everyday

cost of the inkjet printer doesn't matter much but the printing cost per paper (CPP) and the ink cost should be minimum as possible which doesn't means any compromise with quality of the ink.

I want to start from heat press system using inkjet printer ..

please give me some more details ..

i have gone through some printer from epson workfroce 1100 / 7110
Epson L805

Epson aritian (ink cost is higher than other printer)

Epson L series have low cost but uses dye ink
Epson M series is using pigment ink but i dont know is it good for tshirt printing

Epson Workforce series seems to be perfect for tough work but is it good for tshirt printing and graphics work

Right know i am very much confused ..!!

· Registered
213 Posts
if i only think for ink cost and print per page cost should be minimum then Which espon printer should i go for ????
It doesn't really matter what one if you're using a CIS, the cost of the paper is going to be much higher then the cost of the ink. The cost of the ink maybe almost negligible, finding the paper at the right price is more important.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone please do reply as per Ur knowledge ... give some options for which printer should i go or what u guys use or go for .. out here in india market servey i found most of them most people are using Epson L805

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone .. please do help me by replying as per your experience .. which printer should i go for .. out here in india, when i went to stores i found that most of them are using L805 . what are the other option .. i am planing to quit my job and start working in this for fulltime so this is bit important for me ...

waiting for more replys

· Registered
213 Posts
Hi everyone .. please do help me by replying as per your experience .. which printer should i go for .. out here in india, when i went to stores i found that most of them are using L805 . what are the other option .. i am planing to quit my job and start working in this for fulltime so this is bit important for me ...

waiting for more replys
I wouldn't go for the L805 because it is only A4 sized.

I would go for a workforce A3 size (whatever model you can afford) so you can do larger prints if you need to, with CIS to keep the print per page cost of ink low.

Just remember with a CIS you need to use it everyday to get best economy out of it, this is because if it is out of use for a few days you use more ink clearing the tubes.

· Registered
44 Posts
I work full time and do my tshirt biz at night and weekends so I would not quit your job till your making money at Tshirts. I've been in the business for about 3 years now and make no where near the kind of money I could survive on. I settled on the Eason 7110 the the Cobra CIS. So far the only issues are the ink draining back into the tank if I haven't used it for a few days. A reprising and several head cleanings will usually do the trick to fix it. Add a good 16x 20" press and your good to go. At that level of investment.

· Registered
49 Posts
Artisian 1430 with CISS kit installed by Cobra. I've had it since Last January and it prints beautifully. Has electronic reset button and is easy to deal with. So far I've printed over 500 sheets including some 11x17 designs and have over 1/3 my ink left - pennies to print. The only transfer papers I've used is the Paropy light and Dark and they both do exactly what they are supposed to (I'm using George Knight auto open clamshell 16x20). You should be able to pick up printer from Cobra with CISS system installed and full of inks.
I've had to do minimum maintenance and so far nothing I couldn't do on my own. You also get special drivers for printing pigement colors on the transfer papers. I highly recommend it! See couple of attached prints. 1st one is full color Paropy light paper. 2nd is Paropy Dark paper.

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Artisian 1430 with CISS kit installed by Cobra. I've had it since Last January and it prints beautifully. Has electronic reset button and is easy to deal with. So far I've printed over 500 sheets including some 11x17 designs and have over 1/3 my ink left - pennies to print. The only transfer papers I've used is the Paropy light and Dark and they both do exactly what they are supposed to (I'm using George Knight auto open clamshell 16x20). You should be able to pick up printer from Cobra with CISS system installed and full of inks.
I've had to do minimum maintenance and so far nothing I couldn't do on my own. You also get special drivers for printing pigement colors on the transfer papers. I highly recommend it! See couple of attached prints. 1st one is full color Paropy light paper. 2nd is Paropy Dark paper.
Hey Mitchell ... is there any reason you are not using JPSS (jetpro soft stretch) for lights or 3G Jet Opaque for darks? Or have you tested each? Also are you using the Cobra pigment ink?

Thanks!

· Registered
19 Posts
Hi Edward .. thanks! Funny you said that because the first image when I first pulled it up looked like an overlay/mockup!!

I am curious as to how well the Paropy paper fairs against Neenahs JPSS and 3G. We are getting an Epson 1430 and switching out the ink to probably Cobra Pigment - not sure if we are going to use the CISS or just buy the refillable blanks. We are just starting out so want to get things right the first time! yeah, I know we will make mistakes and I know that there are a number of variables with everyone's setup ... but trying to keep them as minimal as possible!

We're also going to try out the Forever FlexSoft laser paper with our laserjet we'll be getting as well.

Any advice is always appreciated!!

And Sorry ... didn't mean to hijack the thread!!

· Registered
4,703 Posts
my personal opinion would be jpss for inkjet (3g has a very heavy hand) and contour cut,
hand cut as close as you can or template it out with another piece of paper

for laser get imageclip for lights (self weeding so no window to deal with),
but you need to research settings and use a decent swing-away heat-press
for laser darks do a search here for imageclip for darks and koncert-t's,
it will take some mental acuity to find the sweet-spot (look for posts made by Lnfortun)

the forever papers are like asking how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
maybe alot, maybe one
nobody seems to really know
but look for posts by LucidDavid (i think that is his username), he used to work for them
i always found him to be honest and helpful

· Registered
49 Posts
I did use mock up for the white t as I didn't have pic of shirts I've done for that business on hand. They re-order frequently and are happy with the print. The second with grandkids IS a photo of the shirt I made for myself. I wore it the other day and it is looking good. I will be ordering some JPSS and 3g just to see the difference!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.