T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,907 Posts
Bulk ink systems or continuous ink systems (CIS) are used in your printer instead of the standard ink cartridges. They save you tons of money over the long run but I am told that if you use this system you must use your printer frequently as the heads will clog if you don't. I do not personally have a CIS but I have been thouroughly reearching this product. You can have a CIS with Sublimation ink, or with regular pigment ink depending on what you plan on printing.
Hopefully someone that actually has this set up can chime in and give us both clearer details on this set up.

Veedub3

· Registered
14 Posts
Nothing about the inks themselves, but I bought a 4 in 1 heat press from this guy and it was the biggest piece of junk I ever saw. Nothing was welded square and the pressure was inconsistant. I requested a refund and had to pay $65 return shipping to canada.

I would never do business with this guy ever again just based on the lack of quality control of the stuff he sells.

The inks are probably Chinese, which means you will have problems with an ICC profile and probably partical size, which may cause clogging of the printheads. This guy is located in Canada, so good luck getting any warranty service. You will have no legal avenues since he is not in this country.

I myself have been looking for an alternative to ArTainum (Sawgrass) as their inks are way to damn expensive. They have a team of lawyers handy and seem eager to put out of business anyone who challanges their market share in the USA. I hate their monopoly and will do anything to find a consistant alternative to these pricks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.