T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie ?, the ink on my shirts looks caked and textured, is this an ink problem or mesh count? i am using plastisol inks with a 150ct screen. it is a white on black shirt design. i have seen these colors in other shirts and they are smooth but mine aren't.
thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the brand and name of the ink are you using?

Are you laying down more than 1 coat? Flashing in between?
Like i said i am a newbie. i checked the inks and they have no brand name on the container. they came with my screen printer from 'signwarehouse'. i am flooding the screen, printing, flashing and then applying a second coat and curing. now i have done some with only one coat but it seems that depending on the pressure i use, it will print but it is very light or if i use more pressure, it will begin to clump. when i add the second coat, it gives me the bright white i need but the texture is more evident. will a higher count screen (like a 300) let less ink through giving me a more uniform coat? also does the shirt material matter as far as how it holds the ink? i just started my shirt production but i want to put out quality designs and prints. please help.:(

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Sounds like you may not have any off contact.
You don't want the screen to sit directly on your shirt. You want 1/8 inch clearance.
You want the screen to pop up after you pull or push the squeegee.
This will give you a smooth, clean print.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you may not have any off contact.
You don't want the screen to sit directly on your shirt. You want 1/8 inch clearance.
You want the screen to pop up after you pull or push the squeegee.
This will give you a smooth, clean print.
:)sweet! i know for sure i am flush with the shirt because when i set up the machine, i layed the screens flush with the print station. i figured it had to be flat. i will try this out tommorow and let you know what happens.
thanks!

·
Administrator
14,198 Posts
Also, on your flashing, make sure you are only doing it for 6-10 seconds or so. Just enough to be dry to the touch. If you flash too long, you complete dry the ink, and print ink on dry ink will cause cracking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, on your flashing, make sure you are only doing it for 6-10 seconds or so. Just enough to be dry to the touch. If you flash too long, you complete dry the ink, and print ink on dry ink will cause cracking.
thank you i will keep that in mind. like i said i am in the learning process so all info is welcome.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts