T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
825 Posts
as long as you are not a large business and your ink supplier already has data sheets for your ink you should be fine.
I don't remember the exact ruling, but the act/law had been amended and changed so that small businesses (like 99% of us on here) wouldn't go out of business.

if i were to guess though I'd say that it would be anywhere from 300 to 500 per garment being tested and up to 3,000 possibly. I think the garments that are printed have to be tested and not just the ink itself when it comes to the decorator. I think only the ink suppliers have to test their inks.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links TJ. So, am i reading the testing results document correctly that all the IC inks have been tested and are compliant? Is this the only "letter of conformity" that's needed?

I'm still kind of confused about this whole thing.....

· Registered
890 Posts
The testing results are not in yet. they are compliant and as soon as we have the GCC's we will post them. As for testing if you qualify for the small batch manufacturer exemption you do not have to test the inks. You are, however, required to have a tracking label for every garment. There is no exemption for the tracking labels. Be sure to pay close attention to that.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that's the case, looks like I'll be switching inks. :)

So, here's my understanding:

1.) I need to register as a small batch manufacturer (if I plan to sell garments intended for 12 and younger)
2.) Any garments that are intended for children 12 and under need to have a label with tracking information attached to each garment (label would include date of manufacturing, whatever tracking number I assign to the batch)
3.) I would then need to send along with the batch of shirts the letter of conformity showing the test results.
4.) On my end, I would need to keep track of what ink was used; color, batch # fo ink, garments style, etc...

Am I on the right track here???

· Registered
890 Posts
So, here's my understanding:

1.) I need to register as a small batch manufacturer (if I plan to sell garments intended for 12 and younger) YES
2.) Any garments that are intended for children 12 and under need to have a label with tracking information attached to each garment (label would include date of manufacturing, whatever tracking number I assign to the batch)
YES
3.) I would then need to send along with the batch of shirts the letter of conformity showing the test results.
No, just have them available if asked for them
4.) On my end, I would need to keep track of what ink was used; color, batch # fo ink, garments style, etc...
YES

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.