T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doing a job and one of my screens has just a little bit of white ink stuck in it. the ink is blocking two letters from showing up on the shirt. is there a quick fix to this. i don't have screen opener and the nearest silk screen supplies place is at least 2 hours away? is there anything else besides screen opener that can get the ink out?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hi

I have the same problem at the moment. I have couple of inksspots stuck in my screen. Im doing right now a 5 color job that I've hardly registered, so I really don't want to take it out form the press to washoutbooth for a propper cleaning.

I thought that I could place small drops of ink removal solvent where the ink spots are, but I'm scared that it will bound with the rest of the ink on the screen and something bad will happen.

Is there any other way to get those spots out of the screen without removing it from the press or using solvents ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are using plastisol ink, use a little paint thinner and a q-tip,

that'll do it just fine.
yeah i tried that and it didn't work anyother suggestions its really pissing me off. does screen opener work really well?

·
Registered
214 Posts
yeah i tried that and it didn't work anyother suggestions its really pissing me off. does screen opener work really well?

That didn't work? Is the ink cured by chance? If you're curing on the pallet, and the ink is cured in the screen, you more than likely won't get it out.

But yeah, screen opener is fantastic. I actually use it to clean adhesive off my pallet. And it smells terrific.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That didn't work? Is the ink cured by chance? If you're curing on the pallet, and the ink is cured in the screen, you more than likely won't get it out.

But yeah, screen opener is fantastic. I actually use it to clean adhesive off my pallet. And it smells terrific.
Alright since i am new to this i am little confused on what you mean when you say it is cured? Will screen opener get "cured" ink out

·
Registered
316 Posts
that screen opener will get anything out. it is so strong. just spray it on and then rub if off on both sides of the screen using sum towels. dont get high on that stuff :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts