T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guy's, having a few problems, im new to this.

when i coat my screen with ink and press it through onto the tshirt im getting problems, the ink is going through onto the tshirt fine, but when i raise the screen back up from the tshirt to go to the next tshirt, it sticks, the tshirt is sticking to the underside of the screen when it is raised, causing the image to get blured and shadow.

what can i do to stop this, think the plastisol ink with white spirit?

im a bit stuck and would appreciate some help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
dont put too much ink/ pressure when you print - also make sure you use spray tack - on the pallet - to make sure it does not go back up when you raise the screen
and NO.... adding mineral spirits will just cause more trouble

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I agree. Also, make sure that you have some off-contact. 1/8 inch is good.
You don't want your screen to lay on the shirt. You want it to pop off after the squeegee pass.

·
Registered
76 Posts
what do you mean about the spray on the pallet?? do i stick the t shirt to the board???
Correct - you should be using spray glue specifically designed for screen printing on garments to make sure your shirts get stuck to the pallet/platen

·
Registered
69 Posts
Also another note, I've often found when printing with low mesh (158 or lower) the screen or stencil itself can stick to the shirt. I'm not exactly sure why but if the shirt is flashed before being printed this will not happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts