T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Hoping to find some help with my starvation problems.

I have to do a head clean before EVERY print or else my inks will starve out. - My reds will either start banding or turn pink and my greens will turn blue before the end of the print.
I have changed in the last 2 weeks:
my printhead
capping station
pump
ink lines
cartridges (yellow cartridge twice since that is starving out the most)
breather holes are clear

I have experimented with different print modes and ink levels. Nozzle checks are perfect, white lays down beautifully, just the colors giving me a headache

I have just resigned myself to do a head clean for every print so as not to ruin a shirt. needless to say I am wasting ALOT of ink.

I am considering the Belquette bagged system, but am really scared to invest if it does not help. I have spent so much money with all the other parts that have not made a difference.

Any feedback would be much appreciated !!!

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Laura,

You should not have to do a head clean for each print. Properly set up, a T-Jet 2 printer should give you excellent continuous printing results - as evidenced by many posts on the Forums from users of our reconfigured T-Jets. If you give me a call on Monday I can have one of our service technicians speak to you to go over a solution to your problem.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Harry

· Registered
3,420 Posts
Laura,

Harry is right you should not have to head clean before each print to get good quality, we have the same printer that you have and get great looking prints, do call Harry on Monday they will get you going.

One thing to look at in the mean time is the height of you ink shelf, the height of the ink in your bottles, air in the ink lines.

We keep about 4oz of ink in each bottle and the shelf around 8 inches, we have no ink starvation issues.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
38 Posts
hi Laura

I know it's been a while, but I was wondering if you did find a solution to the problem you described here?

I have exactly same problem here. The white underbase works fine, but colours turn green to blue, and red to pink in the middle of the print.
I'm having to do a head clean before each tshirt to ensure colours stay the same.
It appears to be a yellow ink starvation of some sort, or as if the yellow channel lost it's prime.
I have changed head, cartridge and even got some new yellow ink.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm also at whitts end here :(
thanks
Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.