T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I printed on a 100% cotton poplin type button down shirt. They washed it and now the ink is peeling off. Does anyone know why this is happening or have suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Are you pretreating? Is this on dark garments? If so it sounds like you have either too much pretreatment, or too heavy of an ink layer. What are your settings and pretreatment process you are using?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I used pretreat and these are dark garments. I also printed on tee-shirt with the same method and those are fine. The ink is just peeling off the button downs. It's like the ink is just on top of the material. If I didn't pretreat though it would not have worked on the dark material.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Sound like there may be an "anti-stain" component here. Some polos have teflon bonded with the cotton. Not sure how you would mitigate this, but it would prevent most ink with adhearing to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that is also something we were thinking that the material has something added to it!
Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
DTG - Printing Problems

Having problems with my dtg. White ink was getting magenta in it. Reworked my artwork for white shirt (because it's a rush now), and now not magenta printing at all? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Re: DTG - Printing Problems

Could be "sucking" up from the capping station. I would do nozzel check and make sure you've got good flow from all chanels.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Have done nozzle checks. Have changed the wipers ($) and now being told it is the print head ($300).
Never ending.
Thanks anyhow.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Did you pull out the dampers and flushed them? It's worth a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts