T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BRAND new to the transfer process and am looking for some guidance from those of you willing to share. Here is what I have, equipment-wise:

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior (36 inch eco-solvent printer)
Graphtec Cutting Pro FC7000-75 (36 inch)
Knight Press - 16x20
Tektronics Phaser 780 Laser (Tabloid)

Most equipment was purchased for signage, banners, etc but I am looking to expand the business. Just found out the used Phaser 780 I bought has serious (as in $2000+) issues and I am trying to decide which way to go before making any decisions.

I want to have the ability to create quality, long-lasting garments. No shot intended, but I don't want iron-on transfers or $200 printers that don't get the job done. I also hope to have more work than I can handle, so I also want equipment that will be durable and dependable.

So here is the question: What's the best way to go? Laser, inkjet, or do I already have everything I need? How about transfer papers? How about recommended tabloid printers?

OK. Thanks in advance for your help, and let the debates begin! :)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I want to have the ability to create quality, long-lasting garments.
From what I understand, plastisol transfers are a great way to get quality, long lasting garments. You would either need screen printing equipment to print the transfers or use one of the many custom plastisol transfer companies out there.

As for transfer paper and printer recommendations, you'll find lots of those with a Heat Press forum search for paper or printer :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another source for info would be screenprinters.net But don't go there until you research this board. I subsribe to both.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
You already are ahead of the game with the equipment you have. You can get a very thin printable/cuttable film that will work with your Mutoh and the eco-sol inks. Does your cutter have an optic eye sensor? If so, you can print full color transfers, all on a single layer on your Mutoh and then feed the printed media through your Graphtec, provided it has an optic eye sensor. The result is a full color, extremely durable design that is soft on the garment and has no outline.
Heres a list of medias to try:
Spectra Colorprint
Spectra Colorprint II
Solutions Digital Heat Transfer Media
Spectra Glitter Print (a little thicker, but cool look)
Roland HTM (not as durable, but a cheaper alternative)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS Josh! Just sent you a separate email concerning an initial order. Let me know if you do not get it!

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts