T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS !

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PRESS A LARGE LOGO ON THE BACK OF A TEE-SHIRT AND IT PRESSES ON PERFECTLY EXCEPT IN THE MIDDLE.... THE PRESSURE IS CRANKED AND I PRESS IT FIRST TO GET MOISTURE OUT, AND THE HEAT IS AT 370 AND I HAVE BEEN LETTING THE PRINTED IMAGES DRY BEFORE PRESSING THEM... ALSO JUST TO GET THE PARTS THAT ACTUALLY PRESS RIGHT TAKE UP TO 25-30 SECONDS TO COME OUT PERFECT, BUT THE INK STILL WONT ALL HOLD TO THE SHIRT IN THE CENTER.... WHAT IS UP WITH THE HALF ASSESD CENTERS????????? grrr! :mad: IS IT ME OR THE PRESS???

·
Registered
950 Posts
ShtyloT said:
HEY GUYS !

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PRESS A LARGE LOGO ON THE BACK OF A TEE-SHIRT AND IT PRESSES ON PERFECTLY EXCEPT IN THE MIDDLE.... THE PRESSURE IS CRANKED AND I PRESS IT FIRST TO GET MOISTURE OUT, AND THE HEAT IS AT 370 AND I HAVE BEEN LETTING THE PRINTED IMAGES DRY BEFORE PRESSING THEM... ALSO JUST TO GET THE PARTS THAT ACTUALLY PRESS RIGHT TAKE UP TO 25-30 SECONDS TO COME OUT PERFECT, BUT THE INK STILL WONT ALL HOLD TO THE SHIRT IN THE CENTER.... WHAT IS UP WITH THE HALF ASSESD CENTERS????????? grrr! :mad: IS IT ME OR THE PRESS???

What brand of press are you using?
I would check to see that the press is producing heat accurately and evenly across the entire heat platen.

I guess there are Heat Tapes that change color based on temperature that are used for testing this type of thing. However, that's all I know about this. I don't know where to get the tapes, or how to use them exactly.

I would contact the manufacturer and ask them about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had the same problem - called our transfer supplier thinking it was the transfer - they suggested putting a towel down before putting the shirt on - evened everything out and don't have that problem anymore - our press is not new and the pressing surface may not be even - the towel did the trick - but not sure why you press for 25-30 seconds - 12-15 should do it - perhaps you could enlighten us? Different ink? Paper or what?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your inputs and suggestions! Our problem was that we thought that we had the pressure cranked, but looks like we didn't :|

All of this is fixed now and the shirts are pumping out like crazy and perfectly! Just another quick question for you guys and gals - For those of you who use a heat press with regular transferjet heat transfers, what kind of washing instructions do you send to your customers? Can these be thrown in the dryer or is it safer to not? Should they be washed inside out? Once again, thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Washing and Drying Tricks For Inkjet Transfer Images:

Do's and Don'ts:

Do: Always turn your clothes inside out before washing to minimize scratching.

Do: Make sure the product being washed is set at the correct water temperature setting.

Do: Sometimes the color will fade. By adding a cap full of vinegar to the first wash will help lock in the colors.

Do: Wait 24 hours after heat application before washing your printed garment. If the transfer is not 100% cured, the image will fade during the first washing.

Don't: use bleach as this will attack the adhesion of the transfer and could possibly wash away some of the colors. Check the manufacturer of the paper for their recommended washing instructions.

Don't: leave wet garments in the washing machine after it stops because it can cause the colors to bleed onto other parts of the garment or adjacent garments. If this happens immediately rewash all the garments.

Don't: Tumble dry the garment on high in a dryer that doesn't have an automatic 10 -15 minute cool down cycle.

Don't: leave the garment in the dryer.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hi Oscar

The info came from one of our educational websites about transfer papers. This info was compiled from our customers experiences and paper manufacturer recommendations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts